Ibanez RG Extreme Shredding Machine - 2011 Showcase Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez RG Extreme Shredding Machine - 2011 Showcase Model

It looks pretty cool. I could see Steve Via doing something interesting with it. I have trouble enough with the 22 or 24 frets on my current guitar.

Comment

Uli Jon Roth.
      Ron Thal.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        I think its cool that shred is coming back !!
        Wasn't aware that it ever left

Comment

Originally posted by Despair View Post
          I'm just saying that on a 24-25.5" scale instrument, anything more than 26 frets is cosmetic, especially without any effort made to improve ability to get adult human digits in there.

So yeah, harmonic or slide markers are about the closest thing to a real use I can find for frets 27-30, unless the T1000 picks up guitar.

[And in case people miss the joke again, slide is insane given the low action usually used on a shredder.]
          I tend to agree with you, but I'm sure that one of the many virtuosos out there will make use of those extra frets somehow. Satriani does a lot of tapping with the edge of his pick . . . that would make the higher notes accessible (even if his fingers are too fat to play them).
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            I tend to agree with you, but I'm sure that one of the many virtuosos out there will make use of those extra frets somehow. Satriani does a lot of tapping with the edge of his pick . . . that would make the higher notes accessible (even if his fingers are too fat to play them).
            Shred... Will find a way.

Comment

Working...
            X