1 louder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 louder

It's one louder than a strat! I hate the pickguard on this thing, but there's a ghosts chance in hell I will ever find a replacement. It's an Aria II Fullerton with 2 Duncan Livewires neck/bridge and two EMG SA's.

There are four on/off switches, two volumes and a master tone control. I had to reverse the leads on the EMG's to preserve the phase relationship with the others and that made them sound a little duller than the Livewires. There is a magic position between the middle and neck pickup on a strat that really sounds great. I suspect the traditional placement of pickups has more to do with aesthetics than any science.

I'm really enjoying mixing the 1/3 pickups. I still have another livewire and I'm trying to figure how to turn it into a 5 pickup guitar.

Re: 1 louder

Very kewl!! I LOVE strang.... Er, Um, I mean Unique guitars!! Seems like I remember this from way back..

I Had a box full of guitar rags from the 80s that had ads for all the guitars thru that era in em as well as all the hair bands. (was a major crue head) But they got tossed when my mom moved.. now the ads sell on ebay for $9 a page.. DOH!!!

Anyhow, great axe!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I think Steve Morse would like that guitar.

Comment

Wire it to create a Virtual Humbucker = Pickup 5 [and wire it parallel]
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Looks cool .#5 pickup right in front of bridge. I'd like to play that.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
            Wire it to create a Virtual Humbucker = Pickup 5 [and wire it parallel]
            I had the EMG's wired normally, but they were out of phase parallel with the Livewires. The sound was loud, bright, thin and unpleasant. The only person I could see using that tone is Jimmy Page. I had to reverse the EMG's which made them sound darker. Compared side by side the Livewires are more vibrant and lively than the EMG's, but the EMG's still sound pretty good.

Comment

I'm glad the Livewires sound good! I've got a set of them laying around that I haven't had a chance to put in a strat yet.
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

If the pick guard is really bugging you, send the guys at www.pickguardian.com or http://www.terrapinguitars.com/ a tracing and they'll cut you a replacement.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                X