banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD Well...at least it feels new! Project history with pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Well...at least it feels new! Project history with pics!!

I've had a on going project with a strat. It started off 3 years ago looking like this:

It was much dirtier than that. As you can see it's a First Act. I have no idea how old it is. I found it in a pile of trash next to my girlfriend's neighbor's house and cleaned it off and decided to make it my project guitar. So I started off slow, I ordered a new pickguard, knobs, and swapped the neck with a Squier neck I had laying around.

Then I remembered a friend had this old 90's Squier that had a really nice maple neck, made back when they did their stuff at the MIM Fender factory. I talked to him and he actually let me just have it. Not barter or trade. So from there I added a GFS Lil Killer mini Humbucker for the bridge position. I liked the pickup a lot and it was so cheap that I got one for my Fender.

A few months ago I found a great deal on some overwound Strat pups on GFS and I loaded it with those, new pots, and a jack. The only thing that was intact was the body. I kinda liked the finish, but it was such a cheap piece of wood and it was too light.

So one of my new roommates had this old pawn shop strat copy called a "Series 10", which was apparently owned by Jackson back in the 80's. He didn't play it so I asked if I could swap the bodies on that guitar and my project strat. So...
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Re: NGD Well...at least it feels new! Project history with pics!!

Today I finally put it all together and I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

This guitar cost me approx. $40.00
    Gear:
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >

Comment

Great job...Now where's the First Act neck????? RU going to make that into something??

Comment

so your telling us that there is nothing left of the first guitar? lol
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
        Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis H View Post
          so your telling us that there is nothing left of the first guitar? lol
          That's what I was thinking....
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

ye thats not even the same guitar at all lol
            our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
            'Cause all the girls are sluts,
            And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

That's hilarious.

I had a buddy once who swapped a new engine, transmission, transfer case, and axles into his Jeep. It was a pretty built 4 wheelin-specific Jeep.

Then one day he told me that his Jeep's body was too torn up from trail running to pass inspection, so he did a body swap --- just unbolted the old body from the frame and swapped a new one on.

But it was still his Jeep to him --- I was like "that's a totally different car, man." and he was like - "no, it's the same Jeep, just has some new stuff."

The only original part of the truck was the frame.
              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Ha, well, the bridge, trem block and one of the tone pots are from the original. It's just been a slow transformation over the three years, piece by piece. Waiting for the right parts to come my way. I may end up swapping the pickguard with a tortoise shell one, that would look cool.
                Gear:
                Epi Dot Natural
                Partscaster blackie

Comment

Originally posted by travis h View Post
                  so your telling us that there is nothing left of the first guitar? Lol
                  Dude...

LOL

that isnt the same guitar at all

Comment

Yep, different guitar. Same project.
                    Gear:
                    Epi Dot Natural
                    Partscaster blackie

Comment

"This is the same axe my grandfather used to clear this land. Sure, the handle's been changed a few times, and the head got dull a time or two and needed replacing. But it's the same axe."

I see what the OP means though, even if all the parts are changed the project is still the same.

Comment

The soul is intact. I approve.

Nice guitar, man. Enjoy it.
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

This is a case for metaphysics. Is the whole a sum of it's parts? How many parts can be changed before it becomes a different guitar? Also, if Aristotle were alive today, what would he think about Robocop? "Murphy, it's you"...or is it?

Comment

Cant beat a black strat with a maple neck

Comment

Classy!

And Napalm Death is still Napalm Death.

Comment

Working...
                              X