I think I am switching picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am switching picks

I've been using Jazz IIIs of all kinds (max grip, eric johnsons, stds.) for the past couple years and I really like these Dunlop Delrin picks. They feel really soft and comfy but they are thick, heavy picks. Anyone else use these?

Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: I think I am switching picks

I've used the .96 ones for 2 years and love them!

Comment

I used to use those and sharpen them before I found out about their Tortex Sharps. Since then, I've been using those in 1.5mm and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Here's a thread germane to your thread, OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson Distortion View Post
          Mmmmmm, triple word score for correctly using 'germane' in your post.

'Nexus' is your next challenge

Comment

I used to use the same pick but in 2mm. I really like the way they feel playing but I dont care so much for how they sound. They have more of a soft attack to them that I dont like.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll switch but I do really like them. I think the jazz picks are better technically for me (like I can do faster passages etc.) but the Delrins allow me to relax and just play. They are more comfortable when I hold them.

Comment

have you tried the jazz III XL picks? those might be what you're looking for giving you the tip of the jazz III and same thickness but the larger more "normal" overall pick size closer to that of the delrin.

after loads of pick testing recently i found i really like the jazz III max grip but i also liked the 2mm delrin and 2mm gator grip too.
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I like the derlins also. I was using the 1.5s and recently got some 2.0s from MF along with some Ultex 2.0 sharps. The derlins have a really unique feel and tone to them which I like. Id like to see them in a sharp veriety though I suppose a bit of sandpaper can accomplish the same thing.

I was recently at a GC and went to the counter to see if i could get the 2.0mm derlins. I asked the guy if they had them and he said what? I pulled a 1.5 derlin out of my pocket and handed it to him and said do you have this in a 2mm. He said he had no idea they existed. So, when i got home I placed an order for them at MF. On a side note, there was a much better pick selection at sam ash, but no derlin 2.0mm.

Comment

After using jazz picks those ones are gonna slow you down a lot and make you feel sloppy when you try to play fast

now go practice
                    Originally posted by gibson175
                    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                      have you tried the jazz III XL picks? those might be what you're looking for giving you the tip of the jazz III and same thickness but the larger more "normal" overall pick size closer to that of the delrin.
                      i love these and cant use anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Ball&Chain View Post
                        I like the derlins also. I was using the 1.5s and recently got some 2.0s from MF along with some Ultex 2.0 sharps. The derlins have a really unique feel and tone to them which I like. Id like to see them in a sharp veriety though I suppose a bit of sandpaper can accomplish the same thing.

I was recently at a GC and went to the counter to see if i could get the 2.0mm derlins. I asked the guy if they had them and he said what? I pulled a 1.5 derlin out of my pocket and handed it to him and said do you have this in a 2mm. He said he had no idea they existed. So, when i got home I placed an order for them at MF. On a side note, there was a much better pick selection at sam ash, but no derlin 2.0mm.
                        y'know I actually also read it as "der-lin" until I read this thread.

Turns out it's "del-rin",

wtf kinda crazy world is this.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post

after loads of pick testing recently i found i really like the jazz III max grip but i also liked the 2mm delrin and 2mm gator grip too.
                          Yeah, I have a few of those and love them too. I just think I like the Derlins because they are softer.

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                          After using jazz picks those ones are gonna slow you down a lot and make you feel sloppy when you try to play fast
                          now go practice
                          Yeah, I know. I already see a difference but I can get used to them.

I looked up Derlin online and found out they are made of acetate and 2 other chemicals which results in a tough, low fiction plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                            y'know I actually also read it as "der-lin" until I read this thread.

Turns out it's "del-rin",

wtf kinda crazy world is this.
                            Haha. I keep messing it up as well. My first post I got it right and my last post it was wrong.

Comment

Try these. I know the round tip seems counter-intuitive, but it works. Also they stay in your hand a little better than the glossier picks
                              Originally posted by gibson175
                              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Working...
                              X