Got a Mohogony guitar back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Mohogony guitar back

Got a guitar I made many years ago back for repairs. It's an HSS strat style with a mahogony body and a maple neck shaft with ebony fret board. It was the one I wasn't really happy with. I made two mahogony body HSS strat back to back and one sounded great and this one just didn't. I thought it was a bit dull sounding.

The guitar has seen some rough miles and been banged around a bit. The bone nut was broken and the switch was ruined so that all the pickups were always on.

I did the repairs, and replaced the pickups and wired it up a bit different from what the guy originally wanted. The tone problem was the original pickups he wanted- which names shall be withheld to protect the guilty. I put in an old Duncan Hber (I think its a Full Shred?) in the bridge and a couple of Classic Plus (I think) noiseless SC's. I used a 500 K master vol pot and 500K tone pot for the bridge and a 250K pot on the neck .

Wow what a fantastic sounding guitar it really is. I have been testing it of course, and I just can't put it down. It is a soloist's dream. It just sings with a nice fat lead tone. With the right pickups that wood combination works great.

Re: Got a Mohogony guitar back

Since I'm fond of the feel of a Strat, I've considered having a few variations like a Korina one (similar to mahogany) or a normal mahogany one, as well as the typical alder and ash variants. It certainly offsets the brightness of single-coils. I'm glad you're enjoying yours!

Comment

Re: Got a Mohogony guitar back

I once played manapaly on a mohogony game board.

Comment

Working...
      X