banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Think Has The Nicest Guitar In The Forums Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Do You Think Has The Nicest Guitar In The Forums Here?

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
    Really?

When talking Jolly's LPs the one like the best by far is the Green/Blue-whatsacallit.
    It has a natural back that makes an amazing contrast to the beautifully figured top...
    Yeah, Peacock is my fav Jolly paul! But I LOVE your Stinnet too! And I love Genes Hamers!!! Standards and Blitzs!
    Last edited by BloodRose; 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Wahwah's Strat is the obvious answer.

Also, Gearjoneser has a really beautiful 335 that has one of the coolest finishes I've seen around these parts (or anywhere).

Bizarrely, the one I've been most jealous of here was actually Low_Fidelity's beat up old Warmoth Jazzmaster, with the scratched paint the stickers and the goddamn nail used as a buzz-stop. That thing was so punk rock it hurt. And then he went and sold it, like a prick.

I've still got the pictures saved, though.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        Yeah, Peacock is my fav Jolly paul! But I LOVE your Stinnet too! And I love Genes Hamers!!! Standards and Blitzs!
        That's right! Gene's stable, I knew I was forgetting some real heavy hitters.
        Gene is DEFINITELY among them, and he's not even the only one.
        You have had more than a couple of amazing axes over the years, still own several great ones (I hope the Washy family is still intact!)
        This forum is full of guys with GREAT taste and a beautiful collection (or a few really great pieces).

D@mn, I'm almost starting to sound like a collector, where's my SS6, I need a good session to straighten out!
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
          That's right! Gene's stable, I knew I was forgetting some real heavy hitters.
          Gene is DEFINITELY among them, and he's not even the only one.
          You have had more than a couple of amazing axes over the years, still own several great ones (I hope the Washy family is still intact!)
          This forum is full of guys with GREAT taste and a beautiful collection (or a few really great pieces).

D@mn, I'm almost starting to sound like a collector, where's my SS6, I need a good session to straighten out!
          Aww, thanks! yeah, still got the Washies, but may sell the 104, one of the Salas' and have a couple of offers for the 526... Dont wanna let any go, but I cant afford em all.. Plus, Im not giving them the love they deserve.
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
          X