Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Knob Trouble...I think

Hey,

I have a Epi Les Paul Custom with a problem, dont know where it came from or when it happened but here it is...

For some reason when i switch the pick up selector to the rhythm pick-up it sounds horrible, like id be in full on lead distortion on my treble pick up and id switch to rhythm and all of a sudden theres no more distortion and it sounds like the muddiest, bassist clean ive ever heard.

I thought the pick up was gone so i replaced it with a brand new EMG HZ H4, but the guitar still does the same thing when i switch it to rhythm.

I'm guessing its something wrong with the Tone Knob, like maybe its broken and stuck fully off.

Does anyone know whats is wrong? also if it is the tone knob, where abouts can you get a replacement? would any tone knob do the job or do i need a specific one?

Cheers for any help
    www.AllItsWorth.ie

Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/SD Invaders

Orange Thunderverb 50

Re: Tone Knob Trouble...I think

If you turn the neck pickup tone knob, does anything happen, or is the sound just as muddy on "0" as on "10"?
    "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

sounds the same where ever i put it :/
      www.AllItsWorth.ie

Gibson Les Paul Studio
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/SD Invaders

Orange Thunderverb 50

Comment

is the tone connected?

EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Try a new pickup switch/selector. I've been in the same exact situation and that ended up being the culprit.
          -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
          I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Working...
          X