WaCcKo guitar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WaCcKo guitar project

this was my buddies idea, take a cruddy little acoustic guitar, put a spare ELECTRIC pickup in the soundhole er something and get a tone out of it (I think?)

how should i mount this thing??????
    Should i put some sort of tonewood in there to screw the pickup into or would i be just fine if it doesnt really touch any wood?

Re: WaCcKo guitar project

I had a Pencrest steel string that I put a strat pickup in the soundhole. I just fabricated some L brackets to suspend the pickup. It was surprising just how acoustically true it was. It was a great guitar for slide and acoustic grunge.

Comment

Don't try it if it doesn't already come with steel strings, unless you want to tear your bridge off.
      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Watch the whole thing. Then watch the next one.

Comment

That's not such a crazy idea.

It looks like those are screwed into the top, I assume with some sort of extra support underneath. You wouldn't be able to adjust the height though.
          "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

You may have to change to nickle strings. Not sure. The photo of Curt clearly has either brass or Phosphor/bronze strings, but a strat pickup is probably not going to pick those strings up. He may have had a saddle piezo in his??
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
            X