New Acoustic Day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Acoustic Day!!

My old acoustic just wasn't cutting it tonally, so I figured it was time for something new. It's a Yamaha FG740 SFM. Flame maple back and sides, Nato neck, solid spruce top and rosewood fretboard. The pictures definitely don't do justice to the flame!

Re: New Acoustic Day!!

Sweet man! I have a guitar with flame maple back and sides, and it definitely has a clear and bright tone you can't find anywhere else.

Mine lacks the bass of a Martin or other rosewood backed guitar - how is this one, tonally?
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Nice! I played the same model the other day at a shop, sounded really good. Congrats!
      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
        Sweet man! I have a guitar with flame maple back and sides, and it definitely has a clear and bright tone you can't find anywhere else.

Mine lacks the bass of a Martin or other rosewood backed guitar - how is this one, tonally?
        the treble is very smooth and crisp, nice full mids, and the bass is pretty good. Very deep sounding with a pleasant acoustic "thud" if that word makes sense in this context :P

Overall I'm very pleased with it for the price.

Comment

Working...
        X