NGD (MIJ Strat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD (MIJ Strat)

My wife surprised me with this amazing MIJ strat today. From the serial number and the bridge it looks to be an 84-87 contemporary its one of the few guitars that has the Made in USA Kahler stamped bridge. I am very happy it plays amazing but I will definitely have to to clean it up. It was also awesome that it came with a vintage fender case.

Re: NGD (MIJ Strat)

Those MIJ strats are great!

I still regret not buying a '57 RI I was offered cheap last year.
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

nice color. what is that like chrome red?

Comment

Sweet!
        Had the same model in pearl white....did yank the Kähler off very fast!

Comment

Badass! Good wifey!

Comment

looks pretty cool, man. wives/gf's that buy guitars as gifts know what's up.

Comment

Very cool but beware. Your wife obviously wants something.

Congrats.

By the way, what's that other sexy wee guitar you have it pictured beside?
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I really like the finish, and damn I want a wife like yours ^^
                There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  Sweet!
                  Had the same model in pearl white....did yank the Kähler off very fast!
                  Why did you yank the Kahler? I really like the Kahler bridge. The color is a candy apple red I really love it onces I get it all cleaned up ill post some nice pics I need to change the pickguard and was thinking about putting some SSL's in.

Comment

I still have a mid-80's MIJ Strat (bought it new in 1986 at GC, will have to look it up) .. but it didn't have a Kahler.. some other floating trem with fine tuners.. I threw a Hotrail in the bridge, and it was my main workhorse for many years.. very well made guitars.. congrats!

Edit: Found this info

Guitar Info
                    Your guitar was made at the
                    Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
                    in the Year(s): 1984 - 1987

Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation
                    Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation was opened in may 1960, they initially started manufacturing violins and quickly switched to classical guitar production. In 1962 electric guitar construction was started. Fujigen has a reputation for excellent quality and craftsmanship so the guitars they produce are highly regarded. They produce guitars via OEM for famous brands such as Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha and Fender (the import Special Interest Group nature model), G&L and others.

I also removed the dumb locking nut they had, and installed a LSR nut, improved tuning stability greatly.. apparently the bridge is a Schaller "System I"
                    Last edited by TeleLubber; 03-25-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Because it was a POS....

Plugged the holes and installed a normal vintage vib instead, and removed the lock at the head as well....
                      Bad way to avoid to play for the Floyd license back then!
                      (sold it in 89)

Comment

lol yeah I have played so many floyds for awhile I avoided guitars with out a floyd but I like this Kahler only guitar I have now with a floating bridge.

Comment

Working...
                        X