Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Vintage Tuners on a 2006 Am Series Neck

Well,
    That's what I'd like to do. I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, so forgive me if I just overlooked a thread somewhere. Will I need bushings for this? Size? Never tried before, so...new territory for me. Can you direct me somewhere for info.?
    Here's the neck:

As an aside...anyone know the specs on this neck? I'm hoping that it has the same feel/thickness as the 2002 Double Fat that I play. Don't like thin necks in general, and that one has a rosewood board with enough chunk to be comfortable for me. Beautiful neck!
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Installing Vintage Tuners on a 2006 Am Series Neck

You will need the 10mm conversion bushings for the Kluson-style tuners.

I don't like these years Strat necks. Very C-shape with sharp edges and too thin.

Comment

It's rolled so I'm not worried about sharp edges. Thin? Guess I'll find out, but pix don't look like it's thin (I know...they're pictures). If it doesn't suit...I'll send it on it's way and keep looking.
      Thanks for the response.

Comment

Mine was rolled, too, but that does nothing about the corners being overly angled.

Comment

Not sure what that means, but...I'll know in a day or two. Plenty other guitars to play if it doesn't suit, so it's really no big deal. Best way to find out is try it myself anyway...right?

Comment

Working...
          X