New Yamaha GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha GAS

A couple of got me gassing for a Yamaha SBG. Lovely guitar but pricey! I think the lowest model SBG1000 starts like $1900. Well check out the vids and listen for yourself.

Re: New Yamaha GAS

I think Chris Poland plays an SBG. They definitely look (and sound) nice

Comment

dat dem der's sum suhweet tone

Comment

I wonder how good the stock pickups are because the limited edition models (the most expensive ones) come with Duncan 59's. If a Duncan 59 is an upgrade then I'm not sure I would be impressed with the stock humbuckers.

Comment

Goddamn the guitarist in the first clip looks like my old college buddy, it's eerie.

Oh, and also, saw this in a store a few years back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp8rM3LvBc4

It was... sleek. Very, very sleek.
          Last edited by Coma; 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM.
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I tried PG, Custom, C5 and 59's in mine and put the stock Spinex pick ups back in.... love 'em.

Comment

Are these being made again? Didnt Carlos play em back when??
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

There are nice guitars but have one flaw:

They're NOT Gibsons...

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Are these being made again? Didnt Carlos play em back when??
                  Yes. They are reissues. A friend of mine says he played one and that they are materfully constructed.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                    There are nice guitars but have one flaw:

They're NOT Gibsons...
                    This is true, mine is better built than both of my Gibsons and sounds just as good albeit different. However they do hang different when you wear them as the strap button is at the back of the heel and some may not like it. To counter this I moved the strap button which works alot better for me but I have had to drill the body which will no doubt affect the value although I'm not bothered.

Comment

I had an SGB700s which was light as a feather. The neck was half a Louisville Slugger though, which I didn't care for at the time, and I didn't like the strap button on the back either. I do wish I still had it around.
                      Gotta say...nice guitar, but out of all of the mahogany guitars that I have gone through, the 81 Ibanez Artist that I'm using now is tops. I don't use the LP nearly as much. May because of those old Super 58's...very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                        This is true, mine is better built than both of my Gibsons and sounds just as good albeit different. However they do hang different when you wear them as the strap button is at the back of the heel and some may not like it. To counter this I moved the strap button which works alot better for me but I have had to drill the body which will no doubt affect the value although I'm not bothered.
                        I also hate the strap button at the back of the body. That's one thing that I never liked about Gibson SG's.

Comment

I'd love one of those. Yamaha know how to put a guitar together. A couple of years back a (rich) friend of mine brought over a bunch of his guitars and we played around with them for a day. I can't remember everything he had but it included PRS McCarty, PRS Singlecut, top of the range Parker Fly etc. He also had a cheap Yamaha tele looking kind of guitar. It sounded and played better than anything else. He wouldn't sell it to me.

Comment

What's the going price for a SG 2000? SG 800 S?

Comment

You can get 80's used MIJ SG's for a really decent price
                              My buddy got a nice one for $600 off ebay
                              It was one of the lower tier ones with no binding but it has decent inlays, good sound pickups, coil splitting, etc.
                              Great guitar for the money

Comment

Working...
                              X