Ibanez ??? Wut Model for Metal ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez ??? Wut Model for Metal ....

Hi Dudes ... im new to the forum, but im playing for about 1.7 years ... (sry for my english ... im from brazil ...) ... im buying a new guitar this end-year ... so i would like to get a good advice from all here ...

I really love Les Pauls ... So im thinkin to buy a Epiphone Les Paul Standard axe ... can i get some Guns, Led, Metallica, OZZY OSBOURNE ... on it ???

I Also found very interesting the Ibanez axes ... like the RG370DX .... RG1570 DX ... OR maybe an S series like the S450DX ???? GUYS ARE THESE PIECES OF **** GOOD OR NOT ??? ANYONE HAVE THEM??? PLZ HELP
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (**/**)
    Tagima 740-S (DD/Vintage Rails/PAF Joe

Fender American Strat (3x TexMex)
    LifeSound JCM800 2203 (Really Perfect Clone)
    2x Custom Made Cabinets 4x12 (Celestion V-30)

Boss GT-6 Effects
    MXR ZW-100 Mesa
    V-Twin Drive

"I canīt stay still ... i need full gigs to force me to play better and to learn new things" (Slash)

Re: Ibanez ??? Wut Model for Metal ....

welcome Papa...I know very little about Ibanez guitars in general...witha new set of pickups, and Epi LP will be a great guitar...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

What kind of guitar/other gear do you have now?

I'd say Epiphone Les Paul Standards are a good place to start, especially if you like those bands and want to go after that sound, as those bands/guitarists all use Les Pauls.

I generally do not like Ibanez very much (except for the high-end models) but I'm biased towards Fender guitars. Plus those double-locking trems can be a real hassle if you're not used to them or not prepared to deal with the work of setting them up and changing strings.

Comment

Actually i sold my ... Fender Standard Stratocaster ... with 3 Hot Rails in it ... plus a floyd rose pro locking trem system ... and now i hve 750 buck to buy a new guitar ....
        ya man i really like those bands above .... but im not sure about wut should i buy couse .... LET ME EXPLAIN ....

Im playing for about 2 years but those where just fun years ... where i just got some scales and musics ... know i want a guitar that is versatile .. so i can learn all the thechniques (tapping ... legatto etc ...) ... a guitar that is comfy to play .... and has a good sound .... Would the ibanes fit as confy and versatile guitar??? Are these Ibazez good for shredding and metal licks ???

Thx Thats all plz awserr me ....

Boss GT-6 Effects
        MXR ZW-100 Mesa
        V-Twin Drive

"I canīt stay still ... i need full gigs to force me to play better and to learn new things" (Slash)

Comment

Out of the Ibanex models you mentioned I would prefer the RG1570. I find the wizard necks are too wide and thin for me. I prefer a neck with slightly rounder fretboard radius and a narrower nut, but a thicker back with more wood to fill up my hand. Some of those super thin necks lack the wood needed for hand support and sometimes my hands cramp up on those. This is all my opinion of course. Lots of people like Wizard II's but I like the original Wizard better, which is what this guitar has.

some people like them a lot... I'd say if you're looking for raw versatility the RG1570 would be the guitar to get. The bodies are light and comfortable... par for the course for superstrat types.

About the locking trem... if you're going to make it a part of your style to use one I'd say get the guitar with the trem. But if you're not going to use the trem then its basically just a waste of hardware and you'd get better tonal results from a hardtail bridge... and i believe there are Ibanezes with hardtail bridges as well.

Hope that helped...

Comment

I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
            -Britney Spears

Comment

Thx all u guys ... in deciding to buy and ibanez 1570 and change the pups ... THX ALLL REALY !!!!!!111

Boss GT-6 Effects
              MXR ZW-100 Mesa
              V-Twin Drive

Comment

Originally posted by papa.slash
                Thx all u guys ... in deciding to buy and ibanez 1570 and change the pups ... THX ALLL REALY !!!!!!111
                You're welcome!

Smart move on the pickup change... i mean the ones in there are OK but they lack character.

What do you want to replace them with?

Comment

rg 570

Comment

I have the rg 570 with 59n & JB bridge
                    sounds great!!!

Comment

****ing hails PAPA
                      iīm from brazil too.
                      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Hola mi amigo. Ud. Debe ver el RG7620. Este guitarra tiene 7 cuerdas y tiene dmiarzios. Ibanez no hace este guitarras hoy, pero ud. puede encontrar este guitarra a ebay o las tierras de musica.

Ive been taking spanish for some time, I was just really tempted to finally put it to use. Ibanez makes a 7 string guitar in their RG series, called the RG7620. They are out of production, but you can find them used on ebay or in a local shop. They gor for about $350-$450 used. Even though they go cheap, they are excellent guitars. I know a professional studio musician and he uses that guitar more than his Ibanez Universe and his Ernie Ball Petrucci. The Joe satriani signature is amazing. I have the JS1000BP. It may not be the best for metal rhythem, but its lead tones for metal are amazing and really make me happy.

Bueno suerte
                        Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                        Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                        PRS McCarty STD
                        '71 Gibson SG Custom
                        Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                        Vox AD15VT

Comment

I hope Brazil's native language is spanish lol, I know not all countries in South America are spanish speaking.
                          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                          PRS McCarty STD
                          '71 Gibson SG Custom
                          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                          Vox AD15VT

Comment

hhuahuahu good AEWWW BRAZUCA .... (sorrry) ... i dont know about the pups ??? wut u suggest ??? and dudes ??? that rg570 is reaaly B-E-U-TIFUL ... is that guitar apropiated for metal styles like ozzy ??? sorry to let u waiting

Boss GT-6 Effects
                            MXR ZW-100 Mesa
                            V-Twin Drive

Comment

For metal, depending on your amp I'd go with either a 59/Distortion set, or a 59/Custom set.

BTW, Portuguese is Brazil's tongue.
                              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X