Cheap Locking Tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Locking Tuners?

Normally, I get Sperzels, Grovers. Gotohs or Schallers, but I'm looking at some less expensive locking tuners for a budget assembly.
    Does anyone have any experince with these budget locking Wilkies?;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Cheap Locking Tuners?

Not familiar with Wilkies, but why would you want to go cheap? You get what you pay for, my friend.....
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion View Post
      Not familiar with Wilkies, but why would you want to go cheap? You get what you pay for, my friend.....
      I know, but this is a budget guitar as stated..and Wilkinson has a good reputation for budget parts.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

guitar fetish maybe?
        image is the link

EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

need em to lock..the tuners. I do- do GFS, but only occasionally.

Comment

Wilkinson stuff is made by Gotoh. Really good quality stuff, but that's a very general statement. I'm not sure how good those particular tuners are.

Comment

GFS actually has some Sperzel style locking tuners now, they look pretty decent. You might want to check them out. http://www.guitarfetish.com/Now-STAG...ck-_p_514.html
              Last edited by guitarkid; 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM.
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                need em to lock..the tuners. I do- do GFS, but only occasionally.
                the ones in my post ARE Wilkerson branded at GFS
                EHD

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                  the ones in my post ARE Wilkerson branded at GFS
                  okay, I know where to get them .I posted about them..getting them isnt the issue. The issue is what are they like. Thanks very much.

Comment

okay, I know where to get them .I posted about them..getting them isnt the issue. The issue is what are they like. Thanks very much.
                    excuse me didnt mean to offend
                    EHD

Comment

They're not bad, but they're not great either. I didn't particularly like how they locked the string. You feed the string through one hole, do a half turn and feed it through the other hole to lock it in. I never could figure out how to make it work without having the strings look all sloppy. Stability wise, they weren't to bad. I never had any tuning problems that I remember.
                      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                        excuse me didnt mean to offend
                        thats okay, in this life, its offend or be offended.

Comment

Originally posted by 9finger View Post
                          They're not bad, but they're not great either. I didn't particularly like how they locked the string. You feed the string through one hole, do a half turn and feed it through the other hole to lock it in. I never could figure out how to make it work without having the strings look all sloppy. Stability wise, they weren't to bad. I never had any tuning problems that I remember.
                          JAY..Tell Him What He's Won!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
                            GFS actually has some Sperzel style locking tuners now, they look pretty decent. You might want to check them out. http://www.guitarfetish.com/Now-STAG...ck-_p_514.html
                            i have a 3x3 set of these of a B.C. Rich Mockingbird, and overall i'm really happy with them. The only thing i don't like is that the posts are really short, but it's not so big a deal since they're locking tuners. i would think the staggered height ones on a 6-inline headstock wouldn't have that issue.

Comment

JAY..Tell Him What He's Won!
                              9finger wins a Mesa Tremoverb and ownership of the Guitar Center corporation!

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I've played guitars with them before because that name sounds so familiar, and if I'm thinking right, they're decent enough. Like 9finger said, they're not bad, but they're not great. I guess it can't hurt to give them a try.
                              GuitarStv: O.o

Comment

Working...
                              X