Joe Bonamassa's new LP and LP Forum nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Bonamassa's new LP and LP Forum nonsense

This is a great "lesson" on how to use a Les Paul. needless to say he has great chops!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I don't think there is a big difference, but the new one sounds less vintage than the old one... but I like the new one a little more. It seems to have a little more attitude and bite, not as fuzzy around the edges. But I don't really know because it could be the amp. I'm just going on what I hear in the clips and what I know about JB's tone... I'm a huge JB fan by the way.

Comment

i like the old one alot more, i dont think the difference is that subtle but its hard to say what is causing that difference. youd have to hear him go from one to the other to really get a good idea.

sounds damn good though

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          youd have to hear him go from one to the other to really get a good idea.

sounds damn good though
          I agree. You'ld really have to hear the two guitars A/B'd through the same rig.

I re-listened to the clips and the problem is that the second clip is not the same sound quality, which makes it hard to really compare. However, having said that, I'm still leaning toward the reissue being at least in the same ballpark (like having two different '59's and noticing how each one has it's own sound, but still "vintage").
          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I could hear clear differences but to me the fact that the two guitars are going through two very different rigs should be enough to NOT be able to tell how different they are.

That said, I am hearing the first guitar as having a creamier, less high-end oriented tone (mids are substituting highs whereas the second has more highs without missing anything from the lows).

Again, need a leveled playing field, we need to hear the two guitars played by the same guy through the same rig...
            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

The real culprit : YouTube
              /thread
              Originally posted by GuitarDoc
              Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Working...
              X