Re: Funny Agile Thread

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
    Ok, we've talked about this before, but I find this outlandish:

Invest $700 in upgrades on an Agile?
    Dali! This will not turn out well.
    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Of course it's outlandish. You can't be a REAL musician w/o being somewhat ridiculous.

Whatever makes you happy, I say.

Comment

That's really all it is. If it makes you happy, then yeah. I wouldn't do it, but I don't care if someone else does. It is their guitar. I love Agiles, but I wouldn't refret unless it needed it because I played the crap out of it. Pickups, nut, setup, stuff like that, sure.
        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Women, start your engines...
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I'm spending a bunch of money, hopefully soon, to fix up a guitar that isn't worth it, either: a 90 Gibson V90 that's had a bunch of hs breaks and I want a refret. That said, I think it's a super cool guitar and even if it's trashed, it's still worth it to ME. YMMV.

Comment

Ah ****...

Comment

I've got two Rondo Tele's that I paid $110 each for. I modded them with quality pickups, pots,tuners and bridge saddles. They play and sound every bit as good as an American Fender.

Oh, and why aren't you tending to your Well?
                " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Why didn't he buy a Carvin made to spec with Jumbo SS frets for $1100? Or find a guitar that has the frets he wants?

I would never, ever, ever have that kind of work put into that guitar. I'll change pick-ups and pots, that's it. If I ever felt that more than that needed changing on a guitar, I wouldn't buy it.

Comment

sometimes you just like a guitar,but you want to make it unique....i did this to a goldtop lespaul classic .i removed the original pickups with covers and put zebras in...the bridge pickup was a gibson,and the neck was a jb....now for the fun part.....i had every piece of chrome replaced with gold ...every screw,,bridge,tuners..you name it....everything....and that guitar looked freakin awesome....a gold top,with zebras and gold hardware...if i get another gold top which i actually want ,i will do the same thing...all that stuff rang up over 600 bucks on the cash register...and this was in 2003.
                    play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

When I modded the two Rondo's it was because I didn't think that $699 was a fair price for a Mexican Fender. (Lite Ash Tele)
                      I ended up with two guitars for less than the price of one.
                      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Agiles are decent guitars, for the money. That is to say, if all you've got to spend is $200 to $400, you can get a guitar that's a resonably solid value, with quality wood and construction good enough to last for a decade or 2.

Are they worthy of $700 American in parts and fretwire? Only if Agile becomes a "cult/boutique" brand in the future, and even then the price would be below market value because the item didn't have all original parts...

Save up for a Big 2 name brand if you're looking for investment/collector/resale value.

You want an "individual statement" that sticks it to the American fanboy culture? Well, it's your money. Do what you want.
                        sigpic
                        "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                        --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                        Originally posted by Lewguitar
                        In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I tweak all my crap, because......... well. because I can
                          I added tripleshots ($50) , Duncans($130), and a super switch($20) to a $200 guitar

it was the first one I modded
                          and the one that brought me here

I aint sellin it
                          it sounds waaaay better and is far more versatile than stock
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Getting a refret right basically out of the box is retarded. the frets are one of the THE MOST IMPORTANT features on a guitar. If you don't like the frets, buy something else that does have what you want.

If you love EVERY single other thing about the guitar, yeah go spend $1100 on an agile. I personally would make sure I had played all the $1100 "insert brand of your choice here, possibly Gibson" guitars I could find first.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              I tweak all my crap, because......... well. because I can
                              I added tripleshots ($50) , Duncans($130), and a super switch($20) to a $200 guitar
                              But you can take most of that with you if you ever decide to part with the guitar. I, too, have put pickups in guitars that cost more than the guitar itself.

Spending $500 to completely refret a $400 guitar, not because it needs it but because you prefer different wire, seems strange to me. Especially considering the specs were not held in secret, he knew what the guitar had, he knew it wasn't what he wanted yet he bought it anway. Agiles are nice but not that nice that you have to have one at any cost!

Comment

Working...
                              X