Knocked off early today and went to GC to play around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocked off early today and went to GC to play around

God, what a crappy selection they had today... Was really hoping to get my hands on a 60s Tribute LP, but despite being told on the phone they had some, there weren't any there.

Pfffft.

Did play one kinda cool instrument: a Shecter Stargazer bass, in a rather hideous red/pink burst. Very nice feeling neck and a design that made the strings extraordinarily stiff -- I like a bass that fights back a bit. Hadn't ever heard of this model before, but I really kinda liked it.

---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Re: Knocked off early today and went to GC to play around

I went to GC twice in the last month. Both times they had the tribute LP's, but little else. The amps were pretty well cleaned out with empty shelves. Unless you are into orange or egnater, they had plenty of that stuff in a pile.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of empty slots in the amp racks today too. LOTS.
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
        Did play one kinda cool instrument: a Shecter Stargazer bass, in a rather hideous red/pink burst. Very nice feeling neck and a design that made the strings extraordinarily stiff -- I like a bass that fights back a bit. Hadn't ever heard of this model before, but I really kinda liked it.

Kinda reminds me of a Rickenbacker Bass.
        Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
        Roland Cube 60
        Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
        BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
        LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
        Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
          Kinda reminds me of a Rickenbacker Bass.
          Yep. Very Ric-ish. I also dig basses that fight back a bit. Did it have the finished rosewood board like the real deal?

Comment

When I spotted it across the room, I thought it WAS a Ric. I haven't played a Ric before, so I can't compare it, but the fretboard seemed to me to be a normal rosewood one.

Looked online and saw that it comes in black and brownburst as well. Much less ugly, but also much less cool. Weird how the instrument's appeal can be tied so closely to what makes it UNappealing.

Comment

I like em. Someone got torn into for trying to sell the guitar version of that here for an unreasonable price. I'll always think of that when I see these.

Comment

Working...
              X