URGENT!!! Retubing amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT!!! Retubing amp.

I'm going to jam with some friends tomorrow and I just got my new tubes in the mail. I don't think these tubes have been replaced in like 5 years, so I kind of want to retube it tonight. I have a Peavey Classic 50 and I want to know if all I have to do is unplug the old ones then plug in the new tubes? Should I wear rubber gloves or something as a precaution? I don't want to die!
    I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
    -Britney Spears

Re: URGENT!!! Retubing amp.

Hey Ankalar You know where I'm from...

You Peaveys have auto-bias, just plug and play.
    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Hey Twitch! Nice to see you here.

But I've heard things about caps needing to be drained of power or something. Don't want to die don't want to die don't want to die
      -Britney Spears

Comment

From what I understand you can just unplug/replug. Better ask noname/aes
        :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Wow...I just opened it up and it seems like I can't even reach the tubes!! They're enclosed like a mother!
          -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by ankalar
            I'm going to jam with some friends tomorrow and I just got my new tubes in the mail. I don't think these tubes have been replaced in like 5 years, so I kind of want to retube it tonight. I have a Peavey Classic 50 and I want to know if all I have to do is unplug the old ones then plug in the new tubes? Should I wear rubber gloves or something as a precaution? I don't want to die!

I used to own a classic, it wasnt my fav amp ever but new tubes made the thing sound a lot better. If you bought JJ's you will likely hear an improvement.....Classic series amps like JJ's a lot.

Anyway, all you need to do is pull the old tubes out and put the new ones in. Its realy simple to do on those amps.
            Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Working...
            X