Mesa/Boogie Dc series/Subway series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa/Boogie Dc series/Subway series

I'll probably use some pedals, i.e tube screamer, wah...but not too much. Yea I thought I was convinced on the Dc's but prices have just started skyrocketing, (maybe because of the holidays). Then Aes820 from musicianforums.com told me how great his reverb rocket w/ extension cab was, and I'm looking into that now. Since I'm not gigging now I figure why shell out the extra two hundred for a more powerful amp.
    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

I played a DC5 for a few years but found it too dark and midrangey for my taste and style. I sold it and got a Nomad 55 with 4 10 inch Jensens and absolutely love it. The clean channel sounds like a really nice pre CBS Super Reverb and the overdrive channels are great for SRV blues-rock tones. It is not suited for metal sounds but for everything else it's great.

Comment

Well it appears all the Dc's that were in my price range weren't in that great of condition. But the reverb rockets were in great condition, and in my price range. So now I think i'm going to snag one of them off of ebay, and if I need to I can make or buy a 2x12 cabinet down the road.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

i just played a DC 5
          i'm in love
          if i had the cash - and my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd be the owner of it right now

curious how the dc-3 compares tone wise - cause i doint' really need the 50 watts
          Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
          Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
          www.gaugeguitars.com
          Cheers!

Comment

The subway blues is great. My favorite Mesa amp is the blue angel, and I'd thoroughly recommend the 1x12 or 2x10 combo if you can find one at the right price. The subway blues is kind of the junior version of the BA. Not as cool or versatile, but still a cool amp.
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
              The subway blues is great. My favorite Mesa amp is the blue angel, and I'd thoroughly recommend the 1x12 or 2x10 combo if you can find one at the right price. The subway blues is kind of the junior version of the BA. Not as cool or versatile, but still a cool amp.
              AMEN!!!
              "shut up and play yer guitar" FRANK ZAPPA

Comment

Does anyone know how much Subway Reverb Rockets costed when they first came out?

Comment

Blueline,
                  Bearing in mind that tone is a matter of personal taste, I prefer the tone of the DC3 to the DC5. To me the DC3 sounded sweeter and clearer and while not as powerful as the DC5, it had more than enough volume to cover live gigging.

Comment

Working...
                  X