banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - The most special one I've had....ever.... (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - The most special one I've had....ever.... (PICS)

Story worth reading, even though it might seem stupid:

I started playing guitar in grade 7, when I graduated from little school and went on to middle school. I was something like 13 years old, and I wanted to play some Pink Floyd. Being 13, you're pretty much dependent on your parents for all that is acquiring instruments. My dad was more than awesome with me, buying me this really nice solid top Aria Sandpiper. Anyways, I played the **** out of that guitar for the last 10 years, as it has been my only acoustic 6 string. It's seen shows, and things no guitar should see. The frets on this baby are worn down, and she has seen better day. Much better days. I decided it was time to retire her, and get a new acoustic.

So lately I've had my sights set on such an acoustic, and I had been searching for a little over 2 months now, making my search public about a month ago on this board. I've annoyed you guys plenty, and last week had made a shortlist of two guitars, either a Martin D-18 or a Gibson J-45. So yeah, my favorite store in the world, Lauzon Music, who carefully selects which guitars they keep in stock, and have their tech tune up every guitar and make sure it's worthy had one of each in stock. I went in, and was blown away, and I mean blown away by the Martin. Then I played the gibson, and the world stopped turning, lol. This guitar was special! More warmth and bass definition than a D-35, and more projection than the J-200 next to it. I had to have it.

So I get home, and tell my mom that I found my guitar, and that I might go see the guy at Lauzon to see if they can hold it for a month while I save up some more. Anyways, I go to jam last night after telling her that I basically had found the one.

I come back home, my parents are sitting in the living room watching tv. The case for my Aria is on the corner table, as I had changed strings on it. I walk in, set my Les Paul case down, and my dad asks me why I want to replace the Aria. I tell him the frets are done. He asks me what I mean. I tell him they are flat as all hell. He asks me to show him. So I go in the corner, and open up my Aria case. On the inside of that case, I find a card that says "Congrats on your B.A., and getting into the faculty of education, love, mom+dad"..... and this......

I love this guitar. I can safely say that what my parents did is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I'm gonna play this guitar for a very, very long time.

Cheers!
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Re: NGD - The most special one I've had....ever.... (PICS)

Awe dang, I'm tearing up. Effing beautiful story man. Excuse me...gotta go man up.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That's a great gift! Congratulations!

You're making them proud of you, and you're proud of them.. It goes both ways.
      My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
        Story worth reading, even though it might seem stupid:

I started playing guitar in grade 7, when I graduated from little school and went on to middle school. I was something like 13 years old, and I wanted to play some Pink Floyd. Being 13, you're pretty much dependent on your parents for all that is acquiring instruments. My dad was more than awesome with me, buying me this really nice solid top Aria Sandpiper. Anyways, I played the **** out of that guitar for the last 10 years, as it has been my only acoustic 6 string. It's seen shows, and things no guitar should see. The frets on this baby are worn down, and she has seen better day. Much better days. I decided it was time to retire her, and get a new acoustic.

So lately I've had my sights set on such an acoustic, and I had been searching for a little over 2 months now, making my search public about a month ago on this board. I've annoyed you guys plenty, and last week had made a shortlist of two guitars, either a Martin D-18 or a Gibson J-45. So yeah, my favorite store in the world, Lauzon Music, who carefully selects which guitars they keep in stock, and have their tech tune up every guitar and make sure it's worthy had one of each in stock. I went in, and was blown away, and I mean blown away by the Martin. Then I played the gibson, and the world stopped turning, lol. This guitar was special! More warmth and bass definition than a D-35, and more projection than the J-200 next to it. I had to have it.

So I get home, and tell my mom that I found my guitar, and that I might go see the guy at Lauzon to see if they can hold it for a month while I save up some more. Anyways, I go to jam last night after telling her that I basically had found the one.

I come back home, my parents are sitting in the living room watching tv. The case for my Aria is on the corner table, as I had changed strings on it. I walk in, set my Les Paul case down, and my dad asks me why I want to replace the Aria. I tell him the frets are done. He asks me what I mean. I tell him they are flat as all hell. He asks me to show him. So I go in the corner, and open up my Aria case. On the inside of that case, I find a card that says "Congrats on your B.A., and getting into the faculty of education, love, mom+dad"..... and this......

I love this guitar. I can safely say that what my parents did is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I'm gonna play this guitar for a very, very long time.

Cheers!
        Congratulations...... It's a great guitar and I am sure it will bring you many years of happiness. Now don't forget to keep it properly Hydrated. These high end guitars NEED water. Either go buy a room humidifier or get a case humidifier. Keeping it in the case is the safest place for it! Good luck with it... great guitar
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

a big FU*K YEAH! for mom and pops.

Comment

Thanks dudes.

And yeah, I'm going to the store now to accessorize. You heard me. Getting a nice strap, a good case humidifier, and maybe some ebony bridge pins. I just like the look of those. :P
            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

thats amazing beyond words. congrats
              Beer me!
              Originally posted by Kam
              ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

This is my new favourite thread.

Freakin' epic, man. So many congratulations.
                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                  And yeah, I'm going to the store now to accessorize. You heard me. Getting a nice strap, a good case humidifier, and maybe some ebony bridge pins. I just like the look of those. :P
                  Don't forget stickers. Every good guitar needs stickers, especially acoustics. Try for one that says "skateboarding is not a crime." Those still haven't gotten old.

Really though, congrats on the guitar! That's a hell of a gift, not just to have the guitar, but to have family that cares about you like that.

Comment

Great story! Congrats!

Comment

Thats awesome! You have some great parents! Congrats man!
                      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Beautiful, congrats play in good health for many years bud. Congrats on your B.A too! Nice one.

Comment

Awesome story!
                          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

That story reminds me of all the times my parents helped me get musical instruments. They were (and still are) incredibly supportive. I had a story similar to yours when I found my parents had bought a Mesa Boogie DC-5 for my graduation present.

Thanks for the memories...
                            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Congrats on all counts!! Fab guitar and a fab story.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
                              X