Volume knob problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume knob problem

Just had a new set of pickups fitted to my Gibson Firebird Studio. With the old pickups I used to keep the neck volume knob rolled back a bit for cleaner, bluesier sounds. Since the new pups have been installed the neck volume knob behaves rather strangely. As I roll it back there is no drop in volume until it just about hits 1 when the volume drops slightly and then goes to nothing at all.

Any thoughts about what's happened ?

Re: Volume knob problem

Originally posted by richard parker View Post
    Just had a new set of pickups fitted to my Gibson Firebird Studio. With the old pickups I used to keep the neck volume knob rolled back a bit for cleaner, bluesier sounds. Since the new pups have been installed the neck volume knob behaves rather strangely. As I roll it back there is no drop in volume until it just about hits 1 when the volume drops slightly and then goes to nothing at all.

Any thoughts about what's happened ?
    Seems like the pot has been fried from too much heat or a wiring issue.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I've heard this so many times... yeah, it probably is a wiring issue.
      There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
      Don't ask.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll be going back to my tech and asking for a free repair.

Comment

Originally posted by richard parker View Post
          Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll be going back to my tech and asking for a free repair.

Be br00tal when asking and you'll get it for free AND fast
          There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
          Don't ask.

Comment

Working...
          X