banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone going to buy the Gibson Firebird X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is anyone going to buy the Gibson Firebird X?

I find it funny how guitarists, supposedly the forefront of musical evolution at one point in time, seem to constitute one of the most conservative groups of people you'll ever encounter.

That beings said, if it works, then sure, why not? But it seems to me they've improved something that didn't really require it to begin with. Yes, you can tweek and fiddle with a product to the point of mad perfection, but what's ultimately going to sell it is not all the fancy gadgets or endless tonal combinations, but rather, what people find desirable and useful.

Take your run-of-the-mill cell phone, for instance - honestly, how many of us actually use all the gazillion functions they come with on a day-to-day basis? I'm feel fairly confident in stating that some 90% of us rarely stray outside of texting/calling.

There will surely be a fair few folks who'll buy it just to own one (esp if you consider, if it flops, production will likely be cut short, thus eventuelly driving up prices of whichever ones are floating around) and then there's always the gearheads who just have to ahve whatever is new and more advanced, but ultimately, what you've got here is a product where you've added a bunch of gizmos and upped the price significantly without actually considering if there is a large enough market group willing to shell out the cash for it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Re: Is anyone going to buy the Gibson Firebird X?

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
      I don't need a guitar that doubles as my smart-phone and computer.

bahahahahaha!

The headstock looks like is has aids or something. It just aint right.

And cmon... They probably have a class at Berkely to teach you how to use it. Bet it comes with tuition for that class paid. Costs enough...
      Originally posted by Jay 77
      Other than hearing incredibly shaky, sucky playing it sounds like #2 is the Gibson and #1 sounds like it's a steaming #2.

Comment

Working...
      X