My LTD M 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LTD M 15

I bought this ESP LTD M-15, 2 months ago from Musician's Friend for 200 smackers , and after restringing it ,setting it up, and intonating it, it's not a bad guitar for the buck. The pickups are a ESP LS-100 Twin Blade Single Coil style Humbucker and a ESP LH-100 Humbucker in the bridge. It was a 3 way switch and 1 Volume and 1 Tone which work quite well for a Chinese made model. My only gripe is the stock 3 way pup switch which has a lot of hum whenever I go to the 1st position. I've been looking around and Fender has a 4 way Telecaster pup Selector Mod Switch whch according to Musician's Friend, will work with this axe. This switch supposedly has hum cancelling in the 2nd and 4th positions. I'm just wondering if it will affect the tone of the guitar and give it more of a Fender like tone with the stock ESP pups. Anyone care to elaborate on this ,because the hum from the 1st position is driving me nuts.

Re: My LTD M 15

There's hum in the first position? Aren't those both, ya know...hum-cancelling pups?

Have you checked out the wiring? You might have a bad ground or something.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I'd check the wiring.

I dig the guitar though. H-S has always appealed to me.

Comment

I did. It looks like it's wired properly and I did email ESP and ask them for a copy of the schematics, but they never got back to me. They got to have the worst customer service ever! I even tried calling them and their tech support wouldn't even pick up the ****ing phone! I think the 3 way switch on it, is just cheaply made, so I'm just going to replace it.

Comment

I did a double check after finally getting through to ESP's Tech Support and, it was the Ground wire. It wasn't soldered properly to the Volume Pot, so I ended up resoldering it, and now it's fine and sounds absolutely great!

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Thought it sounded like a bad ground.

Glad you got it sorted, man. Enjoy rocking the **** out of it.
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
              X