Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danicaster is in the works!

hey bros!

finally! i will realize the birth of the danicaster! it will be build by shamray in moscow, russia. this is it.

specs are:

body: 1-pc honduran mahogany
    neck: long tenon 25" scale honduran mahogany neck with ebony board
    construction: bolt-on (heel-less)
    bridge: tonepros with graphtech saddles
    nut: graphtech trem nut
    tuners: planet waves locking tuners
    finish: clear nitro, as thin as possible

for pickups, i thought of using the cc and ants texas hot custom bridge. i am going for a thick, smoldering tone here but wonder if they will be a good match. other combos that came into my mind was an ants humbucker without cover and texas hots. 59b with surfers etc. well, the combination is endless...

this is where you kind folks come in. if it was you, what pickups will you use and why? also, should i be using 250k or 500k pot for master volume and tone since its a hb/sc guitar? well bros, feel free to speak your mind. any brand welcome but no emgs or dimarzios!

many thanks!
    dani
    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Re: danicaster is in the works!

sounds cool!
    if you use brighter pups like a 59b and a surfer then i think 250k would work fine for ya, darker pups and id use one or two 500k controls depending on how much top end you want.

is high output something you want? if that were my guitar id probably go for a seth lover and a texas hot

Comment

thanks for replying jeremy. if possible, i would prefer lower output pups. but i would like the tone thick and smoky. i was actually thinking of the ants bucker and a texas hot custom bridge. but i have no experience with the ants bucker. i am afraid it would not be as thick as the cc. if i go along the seth or ants bucker, i would prefer to use a bucker with the cover off. will there be a difference in the tone? oh yeah, will a 59b with an a2 pup be a good idea?

Comment

Hails Unholy DANI.
        i sent your package with the CC today.
        it will reach you probably within 15/20 days.OK? hit me when you receive it.

as for yoru stratocaster... Congratulations... i canīt say nothing about stratocasters... never played them and donīt know how it sounds... but someone told me that it sounds very NASAL and full of Highs.
        i guess that is not my cup of tea... at least for the VISUAL, i really donīt like its visual, i preffer the stratocaster or les paul.... but.... as soon as i play one, iīll report the results to you all.
        eheheheheh i guess it is not a good ideia for metal. am i sure?
        Hails
        J.P
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

thanks jp. with the right amp, any guitar can sound heavy as hell!

Comment

come on bros, recommend me some pickups!

Comment

Working...
            X