My stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stuff

It´s my first time here, and i need you to tell me if i´m completely insane and i don´t know s*** about guitars or if it makes sense.

My stuff.

Crafter Convoy dx (prs-like) Construction : Set-Neck ¡¤ Body : Mahogany w/Quilted Maple Top ¡¤ Neck : Mahogany ¡¤ Fingerboard : Rosewood ¡¤ Frets : 22 Jumbo ¡¤ Machine heads : Diecast Halfmoon Gold ¡¤ Pickups : H+H ¡¤ Controls : 1V+1T+3-Way S/W ¡¤ Bridge : Locking Saddle Combination ¡¤ Scale : 25 Inches

80´s Roland Jazz chorus 50
    Boss BCB-6: Mxr dist+/Mxr Phase90/Boss graph eq.ge-6/Boss slow gear sg-1/Boss delay dm2/Boss Metal zone mt2/Boss Pwr supply psm-5.

I mostly play blues, some latin (santana) and some real heavy stuff too.
    My question is: i think i can get from a warm overdriven sound to a head-bangin metal thing... Do u think i´m insane? couse people say... do you actually play metal on this zazz chorus thing? oh **** that.

Re: My stuff

welcome to the forum. metal on a jazz chorus huh? sure it can be done, not the most traditional way to do it, but who cares. if you like the way it sounds, then run with it

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by jeremy
      if you like the way it sounds, then run with it
      +1 on that, it is YOUR tone after all.
      "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

alot of metal guitarists use the jc for cleans. but i guess you should be able to do metal with an adequate pedal and the jc.
        the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Comment

Guitars and amps like music are subjective and a matter of personal taste. If your equipment feels and sounds good to you than that is all that matters.

Comment

I always thought that if your amp has a good clean, there's probably a pedal out there somewhere that can dirty it up enough to get the job done . And it's hard to beat a JC clean.
            After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Thank you all for helping me.

I usually use a marshall (pre.valve/solid) and a laney (valve) in studio ,but i always get them to sound like...u know... ok but something´s missing. When i use the jc, everything sounds beautiful, u know...clean but with depth, and when i turn the mt-2 on, it gets real (i mean REAL) heavy ,but musical, without the "scratchy" sound of most dirty amps ,if u know what i mean. it´s a jc50, but it´s so damn loud! I never get past vol 2 at home, and with the laney... vol 8 gets all distorted (and still very low when playing live).

Comment

Working...
              X