Gibson 50th Anniversary SG 12-String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson 50th Anniversary SG 12-String

I'm down with it. My guess is it will cost somewhere around $1600 or so. I've been wanting a 12 string solidbody electric for quite a few years now.

Re: Gibson 50th Anniversary SG 12-String

very cool! Ive always wanted a double neck for this reason (and they look cool) Matter of fact, was watching vids on Vevotube today of Guns playing knocking on heavens door and slash was playing a double neck.. the 12 strng sounds were nice..

go for it John!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

It's an SG. It's certainly got my approval.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Stupid.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          Stupid.
          As soon as I saw that you had posted, I knew that you'd have something idiotic to say.

Do you even have a reason why it is stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            As soon as I saw that you had posted, I knew that you'd have something idiotic to say.

Do you even have a reason why it is stupid?
            No. I think its stupid. I'm no one of any importance. Its just my opinion. I just think its really really stupid. I don't like it.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

That's probably the coolest guitar Gibson has released in the last several years.
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Man, 90+% of your posts have no point at all...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                  No. I think its stupid. I'm no one of any importance. Its just my opinion. I just think its really really stupid. I don't like it.
                  Whatever you say Chuy.

Comment

Ya know, my only issue with the 12 string SG is that the SG has one of the weakest neck joints ever on a Gibson...I just see a lot of those getting broken...
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                      Ya know, my only issue with the 12 string SG is that the SG has one of the weakest neck joints ever on a Gibson...I just see a lot of those getting broken...
                      See, that's a viable and intelligent statement. Much better than just saying "stupid".

Comment

Ya know, the other thing I see that bugs me...12 Grover mini's...I know folks like Grovers and all but Kluson strip keys would have done the job just fine and cut down on the weight...

Again, SG's have a flaw...they tend to be neck heavy anyway...add anotehr headstock to the top of it and 12 Grover mini's and I'm betting that ***** does a head dive if you let go of the neck!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          See, that's a viable and intelligent statement. Much better than just saying "stupid".
                          What do you want from the guy...I mean really...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                            Again, SG's have a flaw...they tend to be neck heavy anyway...add anotehr headstock to the top of it and 12 Grover mini's and I'm betting that ***** does a head dive if you let go of the neck!
                            You're right. I didn't even think about that. I still like it though.

Comment

Normally I dont like 12 strings nor SG's - this I dig though. I'm sure i could get some interesting sounds out of it.
                              Lister: I am your god!
                              Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                              i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

Working...
                              X