Least Favourite Guitar To Work On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Favourite Guitar To Work On?

Setup wise I don't really have a preference, though I've never had to setup something with a locking trem.

But I ****ing HATE wiring up Les Pauls. Everything's so far away from everything else, all in their own little fiddley cavities that make everything so awkward and difficult to get to. Not to mention that, if you're doing it from scratch, you have to do it all in the right order or you'll find that you have to remove both pickups again just to pass a wire from the switch to the jack or something. Great guitar design....just a ***** to mod.

What about you?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Re: Least Favourite Guitar To Work On?

The locking trem thing is easy if there's a Tremol-No or something available.

If not, it will make you lose hair.

Other than that, I really hate anything that involves complicated wirings.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Rewiring a semi-hollowbody....*shudder*
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

anything with a Floyd

anything with a Bigsby
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

anything with a Floyd
          Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
          If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

I flat out WILL NOT work inside a hollowbody. I will pay whatever the tech wants to charge to have him do that. The money is well worth not having the headache.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              I flat out WILL NOT work inside a hollowbody. I will pay whatever the tech wants to charge to have him do that. The money is well worth not having the headache.
              Yup. Tried to work on my friend's.

Hah...

Comment

Adjusting the height and intonation on a Floyd is no fun. For a complicated piece of equipment its adjustment mechanisms are pretty crude.

Comment

A friend of mine has a Ibanez hollowbody, he wanted to do some mods to it and asked me if I was up to it.

I kindly refused. It has to be hell. But since I didn't even try, it doesn't really count.
                  Last edited by Diego; 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM.
                  Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                  Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                  Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                  Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Anything with a floating trem. It's so time consuming.

Adjust it a little, retune, readjust, retune, readjust...you get the idea.
                    "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                      Rewiring a semi-hollowbody....*shudder*
                      There's a reason they call those "F" holes and it's not because of the shape.
                      "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

The first time a friend brought me a Floyd Rose equipped guitar was a very ominous day.

We get along better these days, but I'm pretty much done setting or working on other people's guitars. I just set up my own and try to spend more time playing them.

Comment

Any Gibson hollow or semi-hollow electric.
                          " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

I won't do wiring through an F-hole. Just no.

Also, I'm completely out of patience with floyds. Anything that requires me to detune, use an allen wrench, guess at the correct placement, use an allen wrench, and retune just to hopefully hit the right intonation on a single ****ing string in the hope that I won't have to do it again just for that one ****ing string can kiss my narrow white ass.
                            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

By the way, working on a Floyd really makes you appreciate Ibanez's Gotoh hardware design details. Like the intonation on the Zero Resistance and Edge Zero bridges. Really simple and user friendly.

Comment

Working...
                              X