Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Am Std Sienna Sunburst Strat

Plays like butter, sounds awesome.
    Very, very airy compared to both the MIM strats I've owned before this. The wound strings definitely retain bite, though. It's quite a shock that this strat would so thoroughly trump the last one I had, even though I hand picked the last one out of 6 or 7 MIMs.

The am std pickups aren't too bad until you hit full on overdrive. If I were using this only as a clean guitar, I'd probably keep the stock pickups. The no-load bridge tone control is genius. No more "do I wire a bridge tone control and lose that sting or do I leave it and suffer from permanent thinness?".

The ash body is pretty hawt.

I'm naming her "Arisa".

I'm glad I got this, it really goes with the tweaker. Like, really.

Obligatory pics!

Re: NGD! Am Std Sienna Sunburst Strat

NICE! I want one seinna burst is in my top 3 strat colours, the others being white and seafoam green (or is it surf green? ). congrats! the no load thing is a good idea, i always make no load pots for my guitars.
    Last edited by jake_xms3_punk; 05-19-2011, 02:08 PM.
    our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
    'Cause all the girls are sluts,
    And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

Freakin' beautiful, man. Congratulations.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Oh man I almost wanna call out of my shift so I can play this thing.
        I love the midrange dip in this guitar and these pickups, it's so... straty. I've gotta find some pickups like this that don't mush up with gain.
        Last edited by FuseG4; 05-19-2011, 02:12 PM. Reason: edit: mmmmmmm... midrange dip.

Comment

GORGEOUS> I LOVE Cherryburst Strats!! Yep, there is a great big difference in quality and tone with a good American Standard. The select wood and the expert craftsmanship and quality control . Glad you noticed.
          Last edited by MetalManiac; 05-19-2011, 02:16 PM.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

cool

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Wonder what it would look like if it was an LP..... jk,.... congrats
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
              Originally posted by Gear Used
              PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
              Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

Lovely looking guitar, congrats.

You might find that A3 pickups would hold up better under distortion. If i was asked what are some good A3 Strat pickups, i'd have no hesitation recommending BKP Apaches.
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

That is awesome. Beautiful burst

Comment

Beautiful guitar, play it well!

Comment

Beautiful!

The recent guitars Fender seem to be putting out are (IMO) much better than when I last bought a Strat ('94). Even with masses of Poly on the vintage white 2006 I've got it still really sings.

A nice set of ssl1's (with maybe a ssl 5 in the bridge) and that guitar will really come alive

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                        Beautiful!

Even with masses of Poly on the vintage white 2006 I've got it still really sings.
                        There is no difference on the production Strats with so called "thin Skin" Nitro. It's a purely cosmetic alone issue. The "thin skin" nitro Hwy 1's are plastered with as much undercoating as the Polys. You have to go back aways considerably timewise to get an authentic Nitro or great quality Poly finish, or go Custom shop Fender, and pay the extra for a high class Nitro paint job. The paint on a custom shop guitar is easily 1/3 the cost of the product.
                        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                          Beautiful!

The recent guitars Fender seem to be putting out are (IMO) much better than when I last bought a Strat ('94). Even with masses of Poly on the vintage white 2006 I've got it still really sings.

A nice set of ssl1's (with maybe a ssl 5 in the bridge) and that guitar will really come alive
                          I'm thinking of going a different route. I had SSL-1s in the last strat and there's something kind of warm and thick about them, and I'm thinking I wanna stay bright and very glassy.

Thinking '57/'62s. AFAIK they are THE fender sound, for better or for worse.
                          I'm gonna wait and see where these stock ones take me though. I'm in no hurry.

Dunno. I'm also thinking of trying Ant Surfers.

Comment

We have had quite a few of those in the shop!
                            Love those, congrats!
                            Don't get the pickup change though!

Comment

gorgeous! Congrats! Fitting name too!
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X