Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is owning LP's a sickness?

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    Don't think I'm completely dissing Gibson. I'm a huge Gibson guy but disregarding Fender is like disregarding the most important brand of musical instruments that has ever graced the industry.
    Earth to Andrew, no one's 'dissing' or 'disregarding' Fender here. You''ve got a rambling defense for something that wasn't attacked. What I said didn't question Fender's contribution to musical history. How did you manage to come up with that? How about turning down the rhetoric and holding a normal conversation. You act like this is life and death. We're just guys talking, it's all opinions on everyone's part, and you get yourself all worked up. Chill out.

Gibson has chosen, all the way back to the 1950's, to make many distinctly different models of LP's, to reach as many players, and budgets, as possible. Maybe it was a good marketing move, maybe it wasn't. LP's may have the most legitimate variations of any guitar, who knows? Which would be why (in an attempt again to get back on topic) LP's would be particularly collectible to some people, and could be diagnosed as a 'sickness' like the OP suggested.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      Earth to Andrew, no one's 'dissing' or 'disregarding' Fender here. You''ve got a rambling defense for something that wasn't attacked. What I said didn't question Fender's contribution to musical history. How did you manage to come up with that? How about turning down the rhetoric and holding a normal conversation. You act like this is life and death. We're just guys talking, it's all opinions on everyone's part, and you get yourself all worked up. Chill out.
      I'm not getting myself worked up. You consistently rip on Fender and it seems you have no basis to go on. The reason the history was brought into play is because you seem to think Fender has done nothing in regards to variety while Gibson has been releasing interesting new things all the time. Not true. After you "mentored" me, I saw how you act towards many different subjects. You are a very close minded, ignorant person.
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
        I'm not getting myself worked up. You consistently rip on Fender and it seems you have no basis to go on. The reason the history was brought into play is because you seem to think Fender has done nothing in regards to variety while Gibson has been releasing interesting new things all the time. Not true. After you "mentored" me, I saw how you act towards many different subjects. You are a very close minded, ignorant person.
        Again, none of this was in my posts here, but don't let that stop you. My saying LP's may have more variety than other models, you take as a scathing attack on Fender (where did that come from?). Who's close-minded? You keep on and on, putting words in my mouth. Do you just feel the need to vent, regardless of what anyone else may or may not say? How many threads are you going to mess up with outbursts? The name calling is a nice touch, very mature. Do you think Seymour put this forum up so you can rant at fellow members?

Why don't you see if you can stay calm and respectful, and keep a sense of humor about all of this. We don't need the high school drama.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
          Why don't you see if you can stay calm and respectful, and keep a sense of humor about all of this. We don't need the high school drama.
          Who's in high school?

I guess the way this can be solved is this. Dr. K's signature.

"Remember, never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Seems about right. Have fun playing your Epiphones.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Let's start a collection and buy Andrew and Blueman each a PRS.

(By the way, am I the only one who hears the Star Trek pon far fight music when I read their posts?)

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                Let's start a collection and buy Andrew and Blueman each a PRS.

(By the way, am I the only one who hears the Star Trek pon far fight music when I read their posts?)
                This is true. There really aren't enough cans of worms open in this thread.

PRS sucks!!!
                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  LMAO! I was going to make a comment along these lines, but that says it well enough I think!
                  Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Let it go, guys. We all know damn well there's no room for differing opinions in the world of Blueman. It's his way or the highway and we're all retarded for not worshipping the ground he walks upon.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                      Let it go, guys. We all know damn well there's no room for differing opinions in the world of Blueman. It's his way or the highway and we're all retarded for not worshipping the ground he walks upon.
                      Today has been a great day on the forum.

Comment

Back on topic.. I love lps and wish I could afford more!!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yup. Don't tell my finacee, but I'm eventually gonna have to get another one. The amount that I love the Tribute -- which is a lot -- has only made me want some other LP flavors as well. I used to have an Agile with a Custom and Distortion that was perfect for punk and metal. Might have to get something along those lines again.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          Back on topic.. I love lps and wish I could afford more!!
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Been through Strats, Teles (a lot) MusicMasters, Mustang, Epi LPs, Sheritons, Riviera, Firebird, a slew of LP copies (Univox, Dillion, Heritage), Gibsons; a few LPs with big sellers remorse, a 336 which I may be having sellers remorse...but I am now a sick LP whore. It's all I play and all I wanna play. I am sick, but it's OK.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                            Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                            Celestion speakers
                            Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                            Too many pedals....

Comment

LOVE the white rings on that custom!

Comment

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                                Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                                The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                                X