Self Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Challenge

So I always read "how do you keep them all restrung" whenever I mention about how many guitars I am lucky to have hoarded over the years. I scored a box of 25 sets of D'addario 10-46 strings the other day with a goal of 25 guitars restrung in 10 days. Did 2 yesterday my Dean Korean EVO60 and my Schulte Les Paul. Today I did a Hamer Daytona, Hamer T-51, Dean Baby Z, and my Dean DOA ML. I did this last one the other day and it isn't counting in my 25/10 deal.

Cant do this kind of thing without poking yourself once or twice.....

no edit
    Last edited by BTMN; 05-24-2011, 09:01 PM.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Re: Self Challenge

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    I approve of this guitar.

Comment

Thank you.

2009 Custom order Baby Korina Z. Only the second pair of Dean USA P90s. 9.78K neck and 10.03K bridge. Tonepros bridge.
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
        Arguably the plainest guitar in that post but that's the one that stopped me scrolling. That's awesome.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

1994 Hamer Special HB with original 59n and JBb.
          Guitar to sound output:

Comment

This looks like its actually on fire - gold hardware + chicken heads = love it. Thats the nicest ML I've ever seen

"that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Thank you. Finish is called Tiger Eye on a Quilt veneer.

2004 Dean Open House ML #28/50 Korean made.
              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Can't say I can choose one over another, they all have their own character and are excellent samples of their respective guitar shapes/types.

You my friend appear to be a man of incredible taste and eye for quality
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I don't change the strings on any of mine until I'm ready to play it for quite awhile, but that's just me.

Comment

Sadly, I dont play mine enough to need to change strings.. And I wipe down every time I am done. Most all my string changes have been due to pickup swaps..

At least most of yours have hardtails!!!
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice, Gene! I bet they all sound better now!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah man, they sound good. The P90 Baby Z is a hottie! I've also put a small piece of tape on each one with the date of change. I figure 6 months on most but some that get played frequently like the Schulte and the Special will go about 3 months. Everyone of these is out on a stand in the livingroom. I have 10 more of those before I get to ones in the cases. I will swap a couple into the case too I think but ummmm which one(s).

What a great day.
                        Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                          You my friend appear to be a man of incredible taste and eye for quality
                          I agree, all those guitars are really cool.
                          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Great googly moogly!

Comment

Thanks Gents! So what should I restring today?
                              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Working...
                              X