hollowbody bridge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hollowbody bridge question

how do you guys know where to put the bridge after changing strings on a full hollowbody? do you messure or mark where it should go? am i missing something?
    our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
    'Cause all the girls are sluts,
    And the beer tastes just like piss.

Re: hollowbody bridge question

Most archtops have a point on the "F" hole which is the approximate intonation point. Most players will mark the guitars top with a pencil or something so they know where to place the bridge. I usually just put the 1st & 6th strings on then adjust intonation then put the rest of the strings on. its pretty simple really.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

On the 1st string, hit the 12th fret fretted note, then hit the 12th fret harmonic. Move the bridge until they are exactly the same.

Then, do the same for the 6th string.

Then recheck the 1st string, make sure it's still good. If it ain't, move the bridge until it is, check 6, check 1, and you're all good. Takes a few minutes, but it's really no big deal, and actually kind of refreshing to have a fresh intonation.
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

yup. described above is exactly what i do on my languenock and it works like a charm
        Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

cool, cheers guys!
          our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
          'Cause all the girls are sluts,
          And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

I just change one string at a time, so I don't have to re-intonate every time I change strings.

Of course, I sometimes have such a heavy right hand that simply PLAYING the thing will shift the bridge a bit. I've heard carpet tape can help. I might try it.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
            X