X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basic strat relicing tips

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    Trade it for a Road Worn.
    IMHO This is the way forward for an immediate cost effective fix. Other routes will cost you more in time, money, likely both, and may end up with a horror 'o look he tried to relic that' guitar.

Another cost effective approach is if you have young kids, have an at home birthday party for their whole class. The relicing affect tends to exend to everything you own, but seems to particularly center on expensive musical instuments.
    "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by rockandrollrods
      I can't remember the name, but I'm involved in some reproduction 356 Porsche pieces. The metal buckles needed to look aged for that NOS look. We used a chemical that took the shine right off giving it that 50+ year look while still allowing the metal the sheen. I'll see if I can find that bottle and let you know. Worked great.
      That would be cool. Let me know if you do find it, thanks.

Comment

How would that chemical work on chrome plated guitar parts?

Comment

Chrome plating isn't like bare metal. You don't want to do anything that has large flakes of chrome fall off.

BTW, chrome is poisonous, so if you mess with this keep you kids and husbands away.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X