What do you think about this trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this trade?

A shop offered to my new Les Paul Traditional for a new Fender American Deluxe HSS + a new Blues Junior III. What do you think of this deal?

Re: What do you think about this trade?

I would hold off till something better comes along.

What do you have now? Ideally what do you NEED and not necessarily want?

Seems like you're looking to ditch the LP. Do you have another LP? LP's are always good to have.

DUDE, EITHER SELL IT OR PUT IT IN PARTIAL TRADE FOR THAT 20TH SHIVA.

problem solved....
    Last edited by mwalluk; 06-01-2011, 09:39 AM.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

first thing is the strat and amp something you are interested in? that is alot better deal than any of my shops offered me on my traditional plus. i like the traditionals but for some reason they don't hold value as much. if someone is patient and waits they can be found for $1500 or less. but in the end it all boils down to which ever one you prefer.

Comment

BTW pro junior is a much better sounding amp than the blues

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
          A shop offered to my new Les Paul Traditional for a new Fender American Deluxe HSS + a new Blues Junior III. What do you think of this deal?
          Sounds good on paper...the only problem is that once you walk out the door, the Strat and JR are no longer new, and in the used market, a Les paul is always easier to deal and worth more than a used HSS Strat and a JR.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
            first thing is the strat and amp something you are interested in? that is alot better deal than any of my shops offered me on my traditional plus. i like the traditionals but for some reason they don't hold value as much. if someone is patient and waits they can be found for $1500 or less. but in the end it all boils down to which ever one you prefer.
            True. Everyone says Les Pauls hold their value but when it comes down to selling it, you end up with $1500-1600. I have seen more expensive Les Pauls go for as little as $1800-1900 like the VOS's or Supremes.

I wanted a little amp to tote around for practice and the Blues Junior sounds incredible and seems loud enough for the band. The new American Deluxe strats are no less than $1300 new so together it seems like a fair deal.

However, I just talked to the guy again and he's possibly willing to make it a Hot Rod Deluxe III instead of a Junior so I'm going to have to consider that.

Comment

However, I just talked to the guy again and he's possibly willing to make it a Hot Rod Deluxe III instead of a Junior so I'm going to have to consider that.
              If that's the case, GO FOR IT. Last I remember, the new American Deluxe series went for either 1600 or 1700 - even with the Blues Jr, that's a damn good deal for a shop.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

If you want to get rid of the LP anyway this just became a no brainer.
                Donnie
                ---------
                VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Yeah. Unless you love that traditional like a child (as I love mine haha) then that deal with the hot rod is a noooo brainer.
                  Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                  H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
                  Originally posted by jcthejester13
                  I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

do it

Comment

I thought you liked that LP? I wouldn't trade, if you are not digging the LP I'd sell it and use the cash towards the Bogner.

Comment

I think it boils down to a couple of questions you have to answer. Will you like that Strat better than your Lester you would be parting with? Do you have another Lester that you like as much or better than the one you would be parting with? Having said that, it's nice if you can have a Strat and Les Paul at your disposal.
                        Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
                        CHRIST

Comment

True. Everyone says Les Pauls hold their value but when it comes down to selling it, you end up with $1500-1600. I have seen more expensive Les Pauls go for as little as $1800-1900 like the VOS's or Supremes.

I wanted a little amp to tote around for practice and the Blues Junior sounds incredible and seems loud enough for the band. The new American Deluxe strats are no less than $1300 new so together it seems like a fair deal.

If they're willing to upgrade it to a HRD3, then that's a better deal. The question becomes are you just getting the strat b/c you want to get rid of the LP? And if so, what will you do when you find yourself not liking the strat? If that's the case, hold out longer.

Still think you should sell or trade it for a shiva. You will be a lot happier in the end. However, that is a real good deal.

What do you want?
                          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                          Mesa Stiletto Ace
                          Gurus 5015
                          Mesa Widebody 1X12
                          Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                            If they're willing to upgrade it to a HRD3, then that's a better deal. The question becomes are you just getting the strat b/c you want to get rid of the LP? And if so, what will you do when you find yourself not liking the strat? If that's the case, hold out longer.

Still think you should sell or trade it for a shiva. You will be a lot happier in the end. However, that is a real good deal.

What do you want?
                            Well the answer to this question came in a moment of self truth. Here's the thing with Les Pauls. They have the best tone of any guitar in the world. They're very beautiful. I love being a Les Paul owner. I love having Les Paul when I want to play them. However, being a Les Paul owner and a Les Paul player are two different things.

I play my other guitars all of the time. My Les Pauls only come off the wall on occasions, then I wipe them down and put them back on the wall.

It's funny actually because once I got where I wanted to be with my Les Paul collection, I started looking at some PRS models. Then I realized I'm basically just collecting expensive guitars, so I decided to keep only the guitars that I will play regularly. The rest have to go.

I've only been playing for a few years so I don't want to be one of those guys who has all the greatest gear but can't play awesome. My Les Paul fantasy has to come to an end. One day when I feel like I'm ready for an awesome Les Paul, I'm going to trade my only Les Paul in to get a VOS or 58 reissue.

Comment

Well the answer to this question came in a moment of self truth. Here's the thing with Les Pauls. They have the best tone of any guitar in the world. They're very beautiful. I love being a Les Paul owner. I love having Les Paul when I want to play them. However, being a Les Paul owner and a Les Paul player are two different things.

I play my other guitars all of the time. My Les Pauls only come off the wall on occasions, then I wipe them down and put them back on the wall.

It's funny actually because once I got where I wanted to be with my Les Paul collection, I started looking at some PRS models. Then I realized I'm basically just collecting expensive guitars, so I decided to keep only the guitars that I will play regularly. The rest have to go.

I've only been playing for a few years so I don't want to be one of those guys who has all the greatest gear but can't play awesome. My Les Paul fantasy has to come to an end. One day when I feel like I'm ready for an awesome Les Paul, I'm going to trade my only Les Paul in to get a VOS or 58 reissue.
                              If that's the case, then sell it. No need to keep it if you don't play it. I had 5 guitars at one time, now i'm down to 2. I might pick up a third down the line.

What guitars do you have now?

How will the strat fit in the equation? If you don't see yourself playing the strat any more so than you did the LP and/or you don't see yourself playing the strat anymore than your top 3 guitars, then it's not worth it.

Could invest in a nice acoustic tho.....

If you really want the Shiva, now is the perfect time to trade some of the gear you don't use for one.

I would pick a Shiva and 2 of my favorite guitars over having a good bit of guitars and amps anyday.
                              Mesa Stiletto Ace
                              Gurus 5015
                              Mesa Widebody 1X12
                              Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                              X