GFS parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS parts?

okay so, im looking to order a new bridge and tuners for my epi g400 custom.. and these guys sell the same parts as stew mac for half the price.. is it too good to be true? specifically looking at the grover tuners http://www.guitarfetish.com/Full-Siz...ers_p_276.html

and the tuneomatic bridge, http://www.guitarfetish.com/Full-Siz...ers_p_276.html

looks identical to the gotoh one i paid 30$ for at stew mac.. any body have experiance with these parts? good people to deal with? i dont wanna waste my money.

Re: GFS parts?

I've bought a couple of sets of their Wilkinson 6 in line tuners. I haven't had any problems with them. I also bought a Humbucker/Tele bridge that's working fine. But I did buy some pots from them that were crap and a 3 way Les Paul type switch that came apart in my hands. ( I mean the toggle fell out of it.)
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

I have used GFS bridges (one branded as GFS, it was great, really brought that guitar to life), one TOM style branded as Wilkinson, and pretty good, and another branded Wilkinson Sung-Il Telecaster style bridge, all good quality --- stout and durable.

The Wilkinson branded TOM was the worst of the bunch, and really, I only was unimpressed because the guitar it's hooked to sucks.

I vote yea.
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

well, im convinced, its just shocking how good the prices are.

Comment

Some of their stuff isn't bad for the money. I thought about the GFS locking trem with the brass block which is a Gotoh knockoff, but I decided to get the real deal.

Comment

I may not like everything that I have bought from them, but their quality is fine.

Comment

I've got some of their pickups and I've been happy with them for a while. I use their Lil' Killer in my Strat and I can't imagine paying up to four times the amount I paid for it to get a Hotrails.
              Gear:
              Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
              Epi Dot Natural
              Partscaster blackie
              Breedlove Passport Mahogany
              VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
              Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

i bought a strat trem from them but it was just a tad wider than the pickguard which is a major PITA to trim properly

Comment

yep ive used a bunchb of their pickups and a couple of bridges/tailpieces. They are good quality. I installed a tuneomatic thing on an epi joe pass and its pretty good. Its not as chunky as a gotoh bridge tho, for a few bucks more i reckon gotohs are the best you can get (comparable to schaller) and superior to most stuff including gibson. So for a cheapish import guitar the gfs (generic) tuneomatics are an improvement, but if you have a serious axe like a gibson then invest in the gotoh.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                  X