Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 years since I owned a Tele

But not much longer to go...

I've played a few MIM Standards recently and decided I like 'em enough to buy one. I've sold enough redundant gear on eBay to cover the cost. My favourite local shop didn't have Lake Placid Blue in stock so I put down a deposit and placed an order. Obviously I'll play it before parting with the rest of the cash but the ones I've tried so far seem pretty consistent.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the blue ones sound best

Re: 25 years since I owned a Tele

i prefer black ones with no pickguard and an antiquity II firebird neck pup but blue is cool too

jd bridge is awesome too

Comment

Congrats!

Last edited by bluesbend; 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM.
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

A pickup change is inevitable

Comment

I really like the JD/APTR-1 combo. I have that in my paisley tele and it sounds great. I had a vintage tele stack(b)/Jazz(n) in a maple neck MIM tele and that sounded good for a noiseless combo.

Comment

i highly recommend the antiquity fb neck pup and either the antiquity I lead or the jd

Comment

Love that color.

Comment

Nice photo!!!
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Very nice. Congrats. Telecasters have really been growing on me lately since I've been listening to some more Yardbirds, Led Zep(when Jimmy used a tele), John 5, and G.E. Smith.
                  GuitarStv: O.o

Comment

I love LPB and maple!

Comment

I have a LPB Jap Squier Strat and it sounds all the better for it

Comment

i like the MIM teles more then the MIM strats, and i'm more a strat fan LOL

Comment

Thats gorgeous! I never desired a tele til one day I figured I needed that unmistakable tone in the stable. Everytime I break it out, It blows my mind. I have a JD/duncan designed single/firebird pup in mine. I broke it out yest thru my classic 30 and had I think the sweetest tone that ever rolled off my retarded digits running thru the firebird neck pup.

Simon, look forward to your NGD review!
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            Thats gorgeous! I never desired a tele til one day I figured I needed that unmistakable tone in the stable. Everytime I break it out, It blows my mind. I have a JD/duncan designed single/firebird pup in mine. I broke it out yest thru my classic 30 and had I think the sweetest tone that ever rolled off my retarded digits running thru the firebird neck pup.

Simon, look forward to your NGD review!
                            i think the C30 amp was a match made in heaven for my MIM Tele... at least for me anyways

Comment

For some reason or another I find traditional Tele & pup matches up very well with El84s and/or voxish inspired amps... moreso than short scales Gibson style instruments. IDK what it is, but they are like Peas n' Carrots.

Congrats Simon. The MIMs are very good value, once you swap out the stock pickups ( I know you are Duncan guy, so I won't bother with a recco of my fave brand, but I'd highly suggest a Broadcaster style bridge pup, kinda knowing your tone tastes)
                              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                              X