Ultimate SDUG Les Paul Poll!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate SDUG Les Paul Poll!!!!!!

It was a tough choice between the Tobacco Burst and the Jimmy Page, both guitars are eye candy.

My vote went to the Pagey.
    - Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan Antiquity Surfer pickups
    - 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page set

Comment

What, no gecko burst?

Comment

really is a stellar assortment- I would buy this calendar for $19.99 unconditionally- could someone get on that?

am i not suppose to let the pickups influence my vote? that wdnt be realistic at a forum like this...

I can tell you rite now, if i broke into house and had only time to steal one, im pretty sure id steal the wrong one, for value or tone. so before i vote, i am gonna vote- 1-10. great assortment. I hate those arty books and calendars of guitars and stuff so rare you cant picture anyone playing it. ...like a 1903 tripleneck 11.5 string hollowbody with a glass body, silver pickguard and a carving of the history of Siam on the fretboard. This assortment def makes people think of LesPauls as beautiful things that get played by human fingers, which is what SHOULD make them more beautiful.

2 observations- no white or cream?, shows what i know which is not a whole lot, frankly.
        also, Black beauties, i know of vaguely, but do they require 3 pickups or not? not that i care all that much, i just wanna picture the right thing when i hear about em...

i voted for the studio for reasons as cretinous as im in "sans-binding is cool" phase this week AND bcuz i heard a guy, just some guy, at gc just grab one like it off the shelf, plug and play THE sah-HWEE-test licks, like he was crying quiet audio tears to himself. And he didnt even know at all how good he was, people from all over the whole store had to take turns to tell the guy not to put it down, to keep playing cuz it sounded stellar, like Billy Gibbons trying to pat Gary Rossington on the back reassuringly after a flood. So now instead of Page, or Slash, or Joe Walsh, when it comes to LPauls i picture just some guy just droppin his mesquite flavored phrases.

Comment

I think I might like Jeffs Blue Class 5 best but it would be a guitar I would just look at instead of play.

A little history on Amber for those that don't know.

I bought her in a pawnshop in 07 for $1200. It was a 2003 model Standard Premium Plus top and is a prototype color according to Gibson. It is marked to be Rootbeer, but is closer to trans amber. It was when they were coming out with the new rootbeer color and mine was like a halfway there model. It's not as dark as rootbeer and darker than the normal trans amber models. It's actually the same color as the new Slash AFD model but made 7 or 8 years before they came out. That was one reason I wanted it, because it looked like the old Slash guitar from thje Appetite era.
          Last edited by Lucid_Lunatic; 06-04-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I actually really wanted to split the difference and give it to Dali's plaintop but the scratchplate ruined it for me. I just have a real aversion to scratchplates on Pauls. The birdseye was damn close to taking it, too.

Also for that reason, Jolly's sealed the deal over the Pagey.

Man, that was a tough choice.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I like this one. It seems like the kind of guitar I would buy if my band would get signed and they gave me an advance check and we all went to guitar center.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                wheres the poll?

I love all the contestants, but I have to vote Metlking's blue c5

or off the board for JOLLY's peacock
                +1 on both counts (surprise there, right? )
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  I voted for the Gold Top, but the Birdseye is a close second. The fact that, as of this moment, each of those only have a single vote shows just what poor tastes the rest of you have.
                  I own the Gold Top.
                  Otherwise I'd give it five hundred votes. I still like and voted for he page.
                  Last edited by marantz1300; 06-04-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Beachbum's Studio gets my vote.

...Jolly's cigar was a close second.

Comment

So close between Luci's Amber and Jolly Tobacco burst. I gave it to Amber by a hair.
                      www.chuckhawley.com

Comment

Holy ****, where'd all those votes for Amber come from? She only had, like, three votes the last time I checked.

Come-back ****in' Queen!
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

How old is it? Is all that finish checking legit or is a more recent pre-aged kind of thing?

Originally posted by marantz1300 View Post
                          I own the Gold Top.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I didn't even nominate my tobacco burst. I probably would have chosen my amber or peacock one.

Comment

Custom in Wine Red all the way. Without a doubt it is the most beautiful piece in this batch.
                              "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

If you had planned ahead you could have set the poll to end itself automatically.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                                X