banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if I plugged an acoustic guitar into an electric amplifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would happen if I plugged an acoustic guitar into an electric amplifier?

I'm a big fan of trying things first hand always. Depending on the variables, sometimes it works great, and sometimes it doesn't.

And usually, it's about the EQ. Electric amps have a richer EQ than a PA, keyboard, or acoustic amp. So, play with the EQ until it sounds right, and make sure you don't get feedback. That's the first approach.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: What would happen if I plugged an acoustic guitar into an electric amplifier?

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Pure awesome:

Great playing, but you have to admit, that would have sounded a lot better on a Strat!
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

this:
        come on see my skyblog screamyourheart.skyblog.comBO of empire records !
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
          Great playing, but you have to admit, that would have sounded a lot better on a Strat!
          piezos are truly horrible
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
            I admit nothing. Actually, I like Monte's stuff on acoustic . . . it sounds great to my ear with the piezos.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Howdy,

It may be comparative "ancient history" for some, but John Lennon frequently recorded his Gibson jumbo acoustic plugged into an AC-30 ( mostly an AC-30) for many of The Beatles' hits. You've heard "I Feel Fine"? It's do-able, alright.

Comment

Working...
              X