NUGD: Ibanez RG2550E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUGD: Ibanez RG2550E

Got it off the 'Bay for £390, goes new at ~£1000. It's a 2007 Ibanez Prestige RG2550E: Basswood Body, 5-piece Maple/Walnut neck, Edge Pro bridge, Dimarzio/IBZ pickups. Bought to replace my Dean (though in a brilliant turn of events the shop I was planning to sell it to don't want it and I may end up keeping it anyway since I've realised a plan isn't going to work out). Obviously incredibly playable, can't really comment tonally since it only arrived today and I can't stop comparing it to my other RG so far.

Now, as ever, 'pics or it didn't happen':

No, it's not a Martin

I'd like to add that Ibanez supply some of the best hardcases with their prestiges:

And also, (which is a first for me with a second-hand and I think, pretty rare) original tags, tools and replacement trem arm bushings all in a Team J Craft branded wallet:
    Originally posted by Aceman
    In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Re: NUGD: Ibanez RG2550E

Where are the pictures of the Martin?
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Nice!

Does the fretboard have two sets of inlays?
      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
        Where are the pictures of the Martin?
        Just the box used to send it

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          Nice!

Does the fretboard have two sets of inlays?
          Yeah: the dots are mother of pearl but I don't know what the sharkteeth are, they look kinda like brushed metal...

Comment

thats tuff! wanted one of those when new
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The dots could be European spec.

Comment

Don't know about the european spec, could be the case though. I think I've seen some pics of a guitar with the same inlays, but only once...

Comment

Mmmm MMM!!!! Those guitars slay, man. I know you'll love it.

Yeah, those inlays have gotta be a Euro thing. I've never seen it before and I've played a dozen of that same model.

Comment

Yeah, you've gotta realize Ibanez has differences between Japan, EU and US market instruments. For example, IIRC, some markets only got HSH RG Premiums, some got HH.

I still remember the EU market had an exclusive RG some years back that was pretty much a J-Custom styled Prestige. Vine inlays, violin burst, the works. Just like the Japanese market has a ton of models exclusive to them.

Comment

Are the pickups exclusive to Ibanez or are they variations of existing DiMarzio models?

Comment

RGs were the first electric guitars that I ever wanted. I saved up for one for so long. My tastes have changed since then and I don't think I'd own one now but I still have quite a soft spot for them.

Plus, they're just killer guitars to play.

That's a fine guitar there, chief. Enjoy it.
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                          RGs were the first electric guitars that I ever wanted. I saved up for one for so long. My tastes have changed since then and I don't think I'd own one now but I still have quite a soft spot for them.

Plus, they're just killer guitars to play.

That's a fine guitar there, chief. Enjoy it.
                          I rarely ever play mine, but I am trying to put off selling it cuz its in great shape and is a monster guitar.
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford View Post
                            Are the pickups exclusive to Ibanez or are they variations of existing DiMarzio models?
                            This website ( http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/DiMarzio_IBZ_pickups ) has a good explanation, but I'll post here too:

DiMarzio IBZ pickups (also known as DiMarzio/IBZ) are specially designed an manufactured for Ibanez by DiMarzio in the US. DiMarzio created special pickups for RG, SA and S models.

DiMarzio IBZ RG (The two humbuckers): Humbucking pickup used for RG Prestige models in bridge and neck position. According to DiMarzio, the neck pickup is fairly bright-sounding, similar to a DiMarzio Super 2 (DP104). The bridge pickup is a little louder and warmer-sounding, and resembles a cross between the DiMarzio Steve Morse Bridge Model (DP200) and the DiMarzio Super Distortion (DP100).
                            Harmonically alive with medium high output

DiMarzio IBZ RG-S (Single coil): Single coil pickup used for RG Prestige models in mid position.
                            Well-balanced sound with clear tone.

Comment

Working...
                            X