Stolen Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster S/N EJ00269 - Weslaco, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster S/N EJ00269 - Weslaco, TX

I sold a black 2005 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster to a TGP member in Weslaco, Texas. The guitar was delivered but stolen off of his doorstep before he got home.

Here's the info on the guitar:

Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster
    S/N EJ00269
    Black
    Maple neck
    Was with original blonde hardshell case
    All original accessories were within the case

Please email or PM me immediately if you come across this guitar anywhere. Thanks.

Pictures:

www.richwronski.com

Re: Stolen Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster S/N EJ00269 - Weslaco, TX

Man, that sucks. I hate thiefs!!!!

Bunch of bastards!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Let me guess, UPS.
      I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

That sucks. But really? Delivered with no recipient/signature required.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
          That sucks. But really? Delivered with no recipient/signature required.
          I've successfully shipped nearly 100 guitars and amps with UPS without a signatures.
          www.richwronski.com

Comment

What a bummer! **** thieves! I hope this gets resolved for both of you guys.

Comment

Thanks, guys.
              www.richwronski.com

Comment

Does this become a problem between the shipper and UPS or the recipient and UPS?

I think the burden of shipping ends when the shipper ships. And the buyer's dumb luck for not being home when a trackable shipment is on it's way.

My general rule is to only ship something to the location the buyer will be at to sign. Often, it's their workplace.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I would investigate the buyer..... it sounds fishy to me.
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

ALWAYS ---ship where they have to sign for it. UPS left a box containing shoes on my porch---of course--the friggen' dog torn into and ate them....I forgot to leave instructiobns to put it in the front seat of a my truck if I wasn't at home--so I didn't gripe---but UPS, will not THINK...you have to tell them every step to take.
                    EVH's Frankenstein was a factory second junker put together by a drunk teenager and it's one of the most sought after guitar tones ever...Ian Ballard

playing an electric guitar unplugged to determine how it will sound is like sitting in a car, with the engine off, to determine how fast it is.

Ron Kirn

Comment

so this very expensive EJ strat was just left at the door? i never heard of that? i thought you had to be home to sign before they left the package,i would look into the buyer of this sounds wrong to me? RED FLAG ALERT!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that.

I just looked to see where Weslaco, Texas. I sure would hate to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lublin View Post
                          I've successfully shipped nearly 100 guitars and amps with UPS without a signatures.
                          but not 101. Seriously, thats a scam Ive heard of for sure; claim its stolen after its delievred to the front door. I know a guy who did that, and it sucks. ALWAYS get a sig. for anything over 200 dubloons. Fed. Ex. requires it!
                          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                            I'm sorry to hear about that.

I just looked to see where Weslaco, Texas. I sure would hate to live there.
                            I'll defend good ole Weslaco and the general Rio Grande Valley area. It's a war zone down there right now on the border. But the weather is awesome and you're within a few minutes drive to South Padre Island beaches and fishing in the bay.

not too crappy as long as you speak spanish.

Sucks on that front door thing... sounds like a bit of a scam possibly though. Something that expensive, I'll do a hold for pickup at the local fed ex office if I'm not going to be around to sign. Lots of "should've's and could've's" in this thread.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
                              so this very expensive EJ strat was just left at the door? i never heard of that? i thought you had to be home to sign before they left the package,i would look into the buyer of this sounds wrong to me? RED FLAG ALERT!
                              No, UPS will not require a signature to deliver a package unless it's specifically asked for when shipped. Even then, I've had UPS leave stuff at my door. Totally uncool when it's a big noticeable box.

I had parts shipped to my door for a Traynor amp that went down on me. Traynor mailed them to me directly and the day it was supposed to arrive, the box got swiped. Luckily, they sent me another. I was out a little bit of time while I wait for the package to get shipped again, Traynor was out shipping costs...but the idiot thieves got a couple dollars worth of capacitors and resistors that I'm sure they had no idea what they were for.
                              Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                              It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Working...
                              X