NGD! Dean DOA ML #31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD! Dean DOA ML #31

Gorgeous guitar, dude. I love that finish. Nice job scoring that beauty.

Comment

Mine are the standard issue import pickups. They do seem a lil better grade than usual though.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
        Mine are the standard issue import pickups. They do seem a lil better grade than usual though.
        they are certainly quieter than what I usually run, DD, Dimebucker, Invader etc. But its nice to have a semi-quieter feeling guitar...at least for now. I'll probably shove an SH-6 under the cover here in the near future but for now she sings a little softer sweeter tone...

It does play very well. Neck is flat and no buzzing anywhere.... pots are all in good shape, no crackles in there... Installed Schaller strap locks on her before I even put a strap to it.

I think I'll just play her like she is for a while. Sounds very well rounded.

Overall I am very pleased with this baby!
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Thats sweet!! I miss my ML! It was light too. Deans special runs are awesome! I love my Soltero Bella Noir!
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            Thats sweet!! I miss my ML! It was light too. Deans special runs are awesome! I love my Soltero Bella Noir!
            You have one!?!? Dayum... those are effin' sweet axes.
            Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
            Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
            Musicians are ****ing retards.
            Originally posted by ex-250
            Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

I know you are a serious ML fan but I would suggest you think about a Goldtop V if you really wanna nice limited run Dean DOA guitar. While a few have minor finish flaws they ALL have special run Dean USA pickups.

2008 Dean Open House V #28/50 GeeVee...
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
                You have one!?!? Dayum... those are effin' sweet axes.
                Yeah, its awesome! Love the Mountain of Tone pup.. On my next break, Ill try to put in some of the crummy photos I have ..

Here:

Last edited by BloodRose; 06-13-2011, 08:09 PM.
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

So what do you think a few daze later??

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Oh it plays very well.
                    Has a vintage kinda Gibson Explorer sound to it.

Unplugged it has a bright but reasonably volumed resonance to it.

Plugged in, It is much quieter than all my other guitars. Less hiss and feedback. Very flat neck and low action, its a very well balanced instrument and lightweight also.... 6.6 lbs makes it as light as my Arch Top 3000 ML.

It doesn't sound "killer" through the Metal Muff nano, but running it thru the Metal Master it really opens up bright on top and lots of mids.... I can hear Lamb of God.... but I can also hear Boston kind of smoothness as well.

Overall I am very happy with it. Very happy. It feels and plays as good as any guitar I've ever played.

Comment

Your women-folk do not look impressed.
                      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Wow, what a SWEET looking guitar man, congratulations. The goldtop V is something else also.
                        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                          Your women-folk do not look impressed.
                          thats because I got my guitar out instead of my #@$%

Comment

Working...
                          X