NGD Washburn Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Washburn Content

Yesterday I scored a 1994 Washburn USA Silverado guitar. Turns out that while also being a US Custom shop creation, these guitars were built during a phase where Grover Jackson was involved with Washburn.

The guitar was modded mainly in that the previous owner thought a purplish perloid pickguard would look nice, but they didn't get one that fit precisely. SO I'm on a quest to return it to original once I learn the correct part that was used.

Specs include swamp ash body, 3 SD SSL-5s, Wilkinson VS100 bridge, Gotoh tuners.

It will need a little care to fill a random screw hole in the body but given the deal I got this for I am more than happy.

This makes the second US Washburn I own and I am very happy with the quality.

Looks a lot like:

Re: NGD Washburn Content

Nice score! My Washburn X50 Pro is a beast and it's made in Korea (IIRC). Washburns are great axes.
    Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
    Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    Musicians are ****ing retards.
    Originally posted by ex-250
    Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Congrats!! Yeah the Grover era Washies seemed to fly under the radar for a long time. They seem to be catching on a bit as prices are going up and they are alittle more scarce. They are great axes tho!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

And here is the final product.

The new pickguard is now singly ply parchment with matching knobs which all seem to match with the pup covers . It now plays incredibly and looks good too.

If anyone knows where to get replacement Wilkinson screws, let me know because one of them is missing from the saddle. They stay locked down with the top screw but the one that helps adjust the intonation setting from the back wasn't there and I'd like to get it in there.
        Last edited by brunogio; 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I have a USA Washburn Pilson. Nice guitar you have there.

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

I have a cheap Washburn X10 and its a great playing and sounding guitar.
              Moser Custom Shop,
              Electra MPC, Ventura V-42
              Ibanez GIO
              Dean '79 V, Dean 1980 Cadillac
              Epiphone Custom Shop SG
              Admira 1907 Sevilla, Ovation Ultra 12 String
              Washburn X10, Hamer Californian
              BC Rich Mockingbird, Davison Explorer
              Fender Strat, Homemade Strat
              100 Watt Marshall Half Stack

Comment

i've got the same x50 as P.A.Foholic, except it's made in indonesia. don't be fooled as it is an amazing guitar. it doesn't feel any different from a korean counterpart i put my hands on. it's nice to know washburn gets some attention ! congrats !

Comment

Working...
                X