Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up the Irons ;]

Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Up the Irons ;]

ah classic maiden! thats my fav line up!

Comment

One little cool thing is at this time Adrian had not had the goldtop routed for his SuperD yet- he's got a P90 in the bridge.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I was just watching that at the weekend, Great stuff. Noticed that about the Goldtop too.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          One little cool thing is at this time Adrian had not had the goldtop routed for his SuperD yet- he's got a P90 in the bridge.
          Adrian has always been one of my favorite metal players. Now I like him even more lol.

Comment

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my son and I seeing Maiden in Denver, CO. I was just daydreaming about that trip this morning. Was a great show and I wish I'd spent less freakin' time on the phone texting pics of the show to friends and more time enjoying it. Geesh... :/
            "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Really cool riff. This album really sparked me wanting to play guitar.

I was into Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and was already getting ideas i my head but then I heard this and just said, man I need to do this....

Comment

I know that this is blasphemous to say this, but I still think, in some ways, that Paul Di'Anno was better singer than Bruce Dickenson.
                This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by MattPete View Post
                  I know that this is blasphemous to say this, but I still think, in some ways, that Paul Di'Anno was better singer than Bruce Dickenson.
                  I hear you man. They both had their own thing. Bruce was more of a stage singer and Paul was more of a bar singer if that makes sense.

Comment

I think what you saw that left with Paul was the dirty snobby punk street kid vibe of the times in England and the first 2 albums. The first 2 albums were very much about dark themes on a not-so epic level- Jack the Ripper, Rapists, Fleeing from the law ( Sanctuary, Innocent Exile), etc...i.e. "shock" value- definitely punk influenced.

Bruce brought in the Epic (as in epic tales, many of them historical or religious in nature), and the arrangements became much more complex.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                      Adrian has always been one of my favorite metal players. Now I like him even more lol.
                      Same here. Adrian roxxx big time.
                      Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                      Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                      Musicians are ****ing retards.
                      Originally posted by ex-250
                      Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Are you guys sure that's a P90? If he had a LP Deluxe like I always thought then it would have 2 mini humbuckers correct? Why would he take the time to route it a little for a P90 then later the SD..... Murray was already using his SD... so I'm assuming Smith would have already made the switch....

Anyway, it looks like a P90 at some points then at others it looks like a SD.

Comment

I hear you man. They both had their own thing. Bruce was more of a stage singer and Paul was more of a bar singer if that makes sense.
                          Yeah, i don't think they could have went to heights they did with Paul, he was the right guy for that time. Funny when you think how rich those guys are & Paul is facing jail for benefit fraud.

Comment

Are you guys sure that's a P90? If he had a LP Deluxe like I always thought then it would have 2 mini humbuckers correct? Why would he take the time to route it a little for a P90 then later the SD..... Murray was already using his SD... so I'm assuming Smith would have already made the switch....

Anyway, it looks like a P90 at some points then at others it looks like a SD.
                            Cos a Mini with the surround is the exact same size as a P90. Its possible it could have been one of the early Dimarzio Deluxe P90 things, but it's a simple drop-in regardless-pull the surround, the P90 goes right in.

It's definitely not a Super D because he has no pup ring yet and it's too narrow.Not to mention it sounds nothing like a SuperD in that concert or on Killers. At one point he had 2 P90s in that guitar-creme! If you spend some time googling, you can find a pic. He went back to the mini in the neck for whatever reason.

At some point when NOTB was being done or on the road he had it routed, but he did most of that album with a Hamer Scarab, and his Destroyer DT300 (which became his #1 live guitar). POM was done with mostly a H/H Melody Maker and the SG he took the bigsby off. His live guitars and recording guitars were usually different- the recording guitars put into #2/3 slot for live shows. He didn't start really pulling out the Goldtop again until Powerslave.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                              Cos a Mini with the surround is the exact same size as a P90.

It's definitely not a Super D because he has no pup ring yet and it's too narrow.
                              I always thought a P90 was slightly bigger than a minihumbucker.

That's the only thing I was thinking about, was that the pickup seemed too narrow and I couldn't see a pickup ring.

But man, you sure know a lot about his stuff!!

Comment

Working...
                              X