Making changes, having fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making changes, having fun!

For several reasons, i haven't had chance to play through my JTM45 since the end of February. A few weeks ago, I finally got around to wiring my G&L Legacy with the PTB wiring (It had been changed to standard Strat wiring when I bought it).
    I was all set for a band rehearsal tonight, but it got cancelled at the last minute, so I went down to a little room we on camp to blast out some sounds.
    I played along with a number of backing tracks that I have on my iPod.

Wow! the PTB wiring makes this cheeky Legacy sound huge!

I played through my Blackstar HT Dual pedal, and got fantastic low and medium gain tones (Ch 1 was particularly good for AC/DC tones), and blasted through my Plexitone prototype for some hot-rodded 80's sounds!

Fantastic stuff. It's obviously early days, but the PTB really opens up a whole palette of sounds, and gives a lovely clear articulate fullness to all of the pickup settings.

Now the only thing I can blame on crap sounds are my clubby fingers!!

Oh, and here is a gratuitous latest rig shot...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Making changes, having fun!

Very nice! I just got an ASAT Special and those MFD pickups are awesome, been curious about the PTB setup on the Legacy. Beautiful set up right there.
    "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Comment

Re: Making changes, having fun!

It's G&L's Passive Treble and Bass wiring. Basically a 1Meg and a 500K pot instead of the usual 2 250k pots on a Strat, where one adjusts the amount of treble, and the other the amount of bass. Very flexible...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
      X