SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

I don't know that we have enough pure Tele's of the Fender vartiety to make this. I could be wrong. So.....anything goes as long as it is Tele, defined by Tele body.

IF I get enough - I'll split Fenders and Others into two seperate categories.

Bring on the twang bangers!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

1996 Hamer T51

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I feel like this one is going to be a bit of a dark horse if it makes it to the prelims, however...

1986 MIJ Fender '68 Paisley Tele ri

Last edited by ericmeyer4; 06-16-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

'87 G&L, Asat / '74 Fender, Telecaster / '08 G&L, Asat Classic Custom

I recently sold the red G&L.

Sprinter
        Collings: '08 001-mhsb
        Dean: '02 Hardtail
        Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
        Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
        Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
        G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
        Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
        Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
        PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

03 Fender 50s Tele RI (MIM)
          Upgrades: (3) compensated brass saddles, set of Seymour Duncan tapped Quarter Pounders, and a Fender 4-way switch for series/neck/parallel/bridge operation

I really have to start taking better pictures of my gear. My pic quality doesn't compare to really any others.

Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Squier VM Tele with Callaham bridge, STL-1b Broadcaster bridge pickup, Currently a Gibson 490 neck pickup.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

CIJ 52 RI with Eldorado BLING

Comment

Dixies badass cousin............... The Panzercaster.

Comment

Here's my G&L ASAT Special.

Last edited by guitfiddle; 06-17-2011, 01:33 PM.
                  - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                  Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                  The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Comment

The Tele that MikeS posted is absolutely beautiful. I used to hate telecasters but over the past few years they've really grown on me.

Comment

meh, i like it.
                        Beer me!
                        Originally posted by Kam
                        ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

1974 Telecaster Custom. I bought it from a friend in 1982/3 for $150 with the original case and neck. When he'd bought it, it had a Gibson-style T-O-M bridge and stop tailpiece. I changed it to a traditional Tele bridge. Turns out it was a factory Bigsby model (no string holes through the body, and the Bigsby screw holes on top). I've changed it around many times over the years. It sounded a lot better when i removed what was left of the thick sunburst finish.

I'm going to restore it to the proper control layout soon (4 pots, all 1 Meg, toggle up the top like a LP).

It's done a lot of gigs and been beaten to hell years ago. Now i treat her well. I don't really care whether anyone else likes her or not, neither does she.

Last edited by crusty philtrum; 06-17-2011, 12:03 AM.
                          Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                            1974 Telecaster Custom. I bought it from a friend in 1982/3 for $150 with the original case and neck. When he'd bought it, it had a Gibson-style T-O-M bridge and stop tailpiece. I changed it to a traditional Tele bridge. Turns out it was a factory Bigsby model (no string holes through the body, and the Bigsby screw holes on top). I've changed it around many times over the years. It sounded a lot better when i removed what was left of the thick sunburst finish.

I'm going to restore it to the proper control layout soon (4 pots, all 1 Meg, toggle up the top like a LP).

It's done a lot of gigs and been beaten to hell years ago. Now i treat her well. I don't really care whether anyone else likes her or not, neither does she.

I'm drooling. That thing oozes mojo.

Comment

ONLY SEE ONE THAT ISN'T UGLY.... sorry guys I just think tele's are hideous... BUT I'll admit to being a pointy metal headed freak most of the time.....

I'll vote for one... that camo ****er is pretty kick ass! Ha ha Panzercaster! ha ha ha that rules!
                              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Working...
                              X