Like? Want?

Discuss!

Re: How do you like this...?

Can I play Angry Birds on it?
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Like, but no want. The 3 mini-buckers are over the top for me.
      My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
      The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I like, but as trivial as it is, I don't see Gibson's reasoning behind putting blue and red switch tips on a guitar like that.

This is coming from a guy who loves guitars like that down below. V

I bet the various sounds you could get out of it are pretty sweet.

Comment

Those minibuckers are cool as hell but too many switches for me Maybe if they were a bit more "classy"?
          Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
          Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          Musicians are ****ing retards.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Hm.... photochopped idea. Do not want.
            I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Being widely known as one of the more open-minded guys on here, I like it. Hey, it's a flame top LP, what's not to like? Lots of guys have Black Beauties and SG Customs, and I think this is more practical than 3 standard-size HB's.

You may have a better middle PU tone than a tradional HHH usually does, because the PU's aren't crammed so close together, and there's more room for picking, a problem when you have 3 full-size HB's. Plus 3 mini's weigh less than 3 full size HB's. 3 mini-HB's mean 6 coils, and lots of potential combinations of coil cuts, phase, series, and parallel. Cool guitar.
              Last edited by blueman335; 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I really like the pickup combo and the new bridge/tail piece design. I don't like controls or their lay out.

Comment

Well, the link says Fireturd.... lol

It's ok...
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Not sure what all the knobs do, maybe coil cuts, but there also seems to be a 5-way switch, if so, it's LONG OVERDUE for Gibson's 3 PU guitars. I think there's some good ideas here. This is more like what Gibson HHH guitars should have been from day one, instead of 3 bulky HB's jammed together with an inadequate 3-way toggle to select them. Traditional HHH's look great, but they don't begin to utilize their sonic potential, and are cumbersome to use. From what I can tell, this guitar seems to address that. Congrats to Gibson. They put some thought into this one. I like it. I'd like to see the concept used in more affordable models too, like Studios, and even in some Epi's.

If you don't like it, then there's plenty of HH and HHH guitars for you already. For those who like their guitars with more tone options, this is nice.
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I like the way mini HBs look but the middle one and those switches are too much for me.
                      "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                        Can I play Angry Birds on it?
                        Why...yes you can...there is an app for that.
                        88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                        Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                        Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                        Vox NightTrain 50.
                        My Band

Comment

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
                          Why...yes you can...there is an app for that.
                          I think I'll wait for the 4G version.
                          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I would like it if it just had the 3 mini-hums and not all of the extra wiring and switches. Without all of the extra stuff that would be pretty sweet!
                            Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I would like it a lot better if it had the traditional 3 way toggle/ring
                              and a regular stop TP. i dont care for all those extra knobs and switches on a LP at all. the pup layout is nice though

Comment

Working...
                              X