Got the Squier Classic Vibe Tele....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Squier Classic Vibe Tele....

And found a good one, nice flames on the neck....will get some better pictures later on!
    The price is just crazy, that much guitar for that little money!
    Nice to have a normal Tele again!
    Tilted the neck abit, readjusted the action for the tilt, and threw in some old Fender 250's 10-46 strings.....smack!!
    Feels just like my old yellowish MIJ Tele I used to have!
    Well hardware and pickups aside, wellmade, good nutcut, not too low or too high, straight neck(gotta check that if you are bying one, the trees do not grow into heaven) got a set of Microcoils ready later on, but the stock sounds really good as well, plus it is shielded on the inside!
    But all my other guitars have noiseless now...so gonna change those(I am keeping them though!)

And oh...saw this guy again

Clip of da Tele!
    Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 07-19-2011, 01:57 AM.

Re: Got the Squier Classic Vibe Tele....

Awesome, congrats man! I used to have the same exact guitar and I love it, but I haven't been playing a lot of music that I needed a tele for so I ended up selling it to fund a new amp. Hope you enjoy it man!
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

You're on a spending spree Mr.... looks cool.

Comment

Just working most of it off
        Not spending that much....

Comment

The quality gap between expensive and inexpensive has really narrowed in the past 10 years. As long as you pick one with decent wood and a good neck, you can upgrade the rest pretty easily.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Congrats on the new Tele!
            " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Great AXE!
              ]
              FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Bought the exact same one last year, played quite a bit better than my current Tele, but the flat neck and small frets crippled me (medium jumbo my ass, fender!) . Killed me to sell it. I sold it to one of the forum bros here, though I cannot recall whom.

Guitar sounded great, played extremely well for me, stayed in tune, fret/nut work was awesome, set up fantastic. At the time the scuttlebutt over at the Tele forum was that some owners were having some issues w/ standard Fender/Warmoth replacement necks would not fit, thus why I just did not buy another (warmoth) finished neck for it that I would not be able to return.

I checked several other CV Teles out (custom, and F hole thing) over the past year,and a Fiesta Red CV 50s strat at a local shop a couple weeks back, and the same thing- every one of them put the vast majority of MIMs (of all price ranges) to shame for detail/finish work. A few American Standards too.
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice! I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm interested in the new butterscotch one.

Comment

yeah, people on the Tele boards are really giving those nice reviews, and I mean even guys that own better US Teles. Id like to know the weight of those guitars. I thought they were real light, but someone said they were not that light.
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

They do have pine bodies, so I couldn't imagine them being very heavy.

Comment

Yum!
                        I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it left.

Comment

Thanks...took me a day to get used to laquered maple....
                          Now it is no issue....
                          Love the pine body, hope these alpha pots looses some of the friction with use...or they'll get the boot!

Comment

dude check the pots, a friend of mine told me yesterday that his squier came with 500k pots instead of 250k.
                            Last edited by Maynardo; 06-21-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

No worries A250K....

Comment

Working...
                              X