buzzing when i touch metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing when i touch metal

i wired up my guitar, but whenever i touch metal, it buzzes, i have a wire coming from underneath the bridge plate to the back of the vol pot as the wiring showed, i dont have my output jack wired backwards, already checked, that, what do you think is the problem?

thanks
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Re: buzzing when i touch metal

also, its perfectly silent when i dont touch anything metal
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Sounds like a reverse ground prob? what is your wiring?

Comment

Definitely a grounding issue. Is the output jack grounded as well?
        "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

my wiring,

i followed it exactly, what do you think i could have reversed?

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
            http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5977/wiringi.jpg

my wiring,

i followed it exactly, what do you think i could have reversed?
            First whats pu's did you install?

Comment

my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

i used a tv jones powertron

Comment

i used a tv jones powertron
                  If you have checked the input jack wiring to the pot and that is correct and you followed that diagram exact i honestly dont know what could have went wrong without seeing the wiring you did? there is very little that can wrong when following a diagram such as the one you posted.
                  you have your jack ground wire to tone pot then bridged over to the volume pot right?

Comment

ya, thats exactly it, and the ground obviously works cause when i dont touch anything its silent, i'll take a picture soon, but i really am trying to understand this.

Comment

ya, thats exactly it, and the ground obviously works cause when i dont touch anything its silent, i'll take a picture soon, but i really am trying to understand this.
                      If you are touching any metal on the guitar and it buzzes then you take your hands off and it goes dead? than thats not necesserily a good thing. thats definitely a wiring prob that you did something wrong.

Comment

update: whenever i turn the vol pot all the way up the buzzing decreases, but when i turn it down, and ground some of the signal, it increases, and whenever i touch the solder joint of the ground on the back of both pots it buzzes too,

this has to be a grounding problem, but what? as far as i know running a wire from under the bridge plate to the pot should ground it

Comment

best thing to do is start at the input jack,make sure the wiring there is solid then trace that to the top of the pot(ground) and the center lug of the volume pot(hot

Comment

its not a wiring problem ive decided, its a grounding issue, but how would i solve it

Comment

update: whenever i turn the vol pot all the way up the buzzing decreases, but when i turn it down, and ground some of the signal, it increases, and whenever i touch the solder joint of the ground on the back of both pots it buzzes too,

this has to be a grounding problem, but what? as far as i know running a wire from under the bridge plate to the pot should ground it
                              yes the wire that comes from you bridge is a ground,then same as my strats that goes to ground from my trem spring claw. that wire goes to the top of the volume pot with any other ground wires.\shame is that if the guitar was in front of me i would have it fixed in 10 seconds

Comment

Working...
                              X