NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!

Actually, NFDGD - New Father's Day Guitar Day!

I haven't picked up a new axe in a few years. Then again, when you have a couple of righteous LP's, and spend some quality time unemployed, and also have guns as a hobby, that can happen.

These days, partly because of BTMN, partly because of Gibson's excessive prices, partly because of Dean's quality, partly because of my love of my Caddilac, and bunch of other things, I went Dean again.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonna do mod-wise, but I have some pretty good ideas. No specific pickup thoughts yet either. Maybe I'll pull a CC out of my Epi. Maybe I'll yank the ToneZone from my GT36. Perhaps I'll just go with a cream PAF I have. Who knows?

It's a fairly decent player - needs to be setup of course, but that's part of the fun....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: NGD!

oh - you wanted a pic? You guys seriously didn't think I would Iceman you, didya?

BEHOLD:

AhahAHahahHahHahHaHa! I called BTMN and told him i got a new Dean and he was all bonered up and everything - wondering if it would be quilt or flame or what.

Dean Vendetta. I won't reveal the price due to envy...

However - you know what this means...REFINISHING!!!!!! I bow to Dominus, Master and Mentor. I am pretty close on either the color or the theme & graphic. I may try to go graphic right out of the box. We'll see. Maybe a simple solid would be best/easiest at first. I have a graphic artist buddy, though, and if he can hook me up with a template...who knows!

Comment

Congrats Ace!
      Duplicolor has a Metal Speck paint that's called Burnt Copper that would look great with the black hardware.
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
        Congrats Ace!
        Duplicolor has a Metal Speck paint that's called Burnt Copper that would look great with the black hardware.
        That's my favorite out of the Metal Specks line.

WOO! Did a google image search for metal specks burnt copper and found my Strat:

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Congrats ... I like it, it looks all mean and sinister as it is.

Comment

I have already spied the Burnt Copper.....it is on my short list!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              I have already spied the Burnt Copper.....it is on my short list!
              Make sure you do the headstock to match. It makes it look complete.

You can also look through my old threads to see what pickups work.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

HMMMM? Bonered up? Nah, I just figured you would get a nice Flametop Caddy or '79 Series Z, something like that, not a plain Jane bolton Vendetta. Life IS Good. Doctor it up nice!
                Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                Guitar to sound output:
                Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Congrats! I, too, think it looks cool that way! (but am looking forward to see the new mystery finish)

ENJOY!

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                    Congrats ... I like it, it looks all mean and sinister as it is.
                    I think that's my daughter's camera work. She got a b!tchin' Fuji semi-SLR for Christmas.

I didn't get a guitar....fortunately I love her, and she agreed to do all my guitar shots.

Comment

Congrats, dude!

Comment

Did you find it laying next to a dumpster?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                            Did you steal from one of jerrys photo shoots?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                              this is funny.. we have about 10 raccoons that harvest from our complex dumpster every night..

Congrats on your Dean Ace!
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X