No announcement yet.

Ultimate SDUG Fender Tele Poll !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate SDUG Fender Tele Poll !!!!!!!

Crustys Pick guard makes it unique. Winner.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      Yup- the Butterscotch color with black guard like the original Broadcaster, Esquire & Telecaster guitars.

And thanks for the vote on my Tele, much appreciated. Personally I think you are due a Tele. It's an acquired taste, but it'll make a man out of ya
      Yep, those are the ones. Roy Buchanan's "Nancy" is my all time favorite.

Followed closely by Jim Weider's '52.

Comment

Sorry about the huge pic...

Comment

I had to vote for my own....just so it would get at least one vote!!! I didn't expect it to make the top 10..............
          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Hey, someone else voted for mine and it wasn't me! Thanks!
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I made a second poll.My wife bought me my 62 RI,so its a keeper. I really like beat up old Tele's so it was close between No. 4 and No. 10.I voted for No. 10.

Comment

Did you guys know that Crusty's 74 Custom was a factory Bigsby??

Rare as RHS and mojo to boot

Comment

Mine!

But which one?
                  Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                  When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                  Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                  Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                  Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

you forgot to add the Wayloncaster to the list!
                    "......whip-crack went his whippy tail, and the beast was done."

Comment

Man, that '74 Custom just screams with cool. Well played.
                      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I don't quite know what to say .... for years, i've usually apologised for my old Telecaster. One time many years ago, i was playing a gig and a guy came up to me and started abusing me for the state of the old thing (i have to assume he had heard a little about this guitar via local gossip in the music scene). Because i was in the middle of a gig, and not expecting to be told off about my guitar by a punter, i was too shocked to respond.

What I should have pointed out to him was that the guitar at that stage was still way closer to being original than when i got it (I'd removed the LP-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop tailpiece shortly after buying it and fitted a regular Tele-style bridge, not knowing then that it was originally built for a factory-fitted bigsby). I should probably also have pointed out that Leo would have probably been happy to see it still out there doing gigs and sounding good, and at least restored closer to it's original form.

I often think about getting a B5 Bigsby kit for it (it's possible to get them with the Fender 'F' where the 'Bigsby' logo is on the back of the casting) but I keep holding off until such time as i might get a second Tele. As my only Tele, this one could be problematic for tuning with the vibrato because i often use it in open tunings for slide. So i think it's likely that a second Tele might be in my future so that this one could get back very close to it's original configuration.

Anyway, it is what it is, it plays and sounds great, and I am knocked out that so many of you find it to be so worthy : particularly as there are so many amazing Tele's owned by the members here. Both the guitar and myself are humbled by the lerve you've shown for the dear old plank. Thanks everyone.
                        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
                        X