banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look, wah wah someone stole your strat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, wah wah someone stole your strat!!

the jerk...

Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Look, wah wah someone stole your strat!!

This, apparently, is what you get when you mix a strat with whiskey, and a wild man from Ireland!

Fortunately, the fashion police never found these guys!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's disgraceful, he clearly wasn't thinking about resale value when he allowed his guitar to get all scratched up like that. That guitar would be worth nothing by now. And didn't he know that you're not supposed to take your good guitars to gigs? Where there will be other people? If he'd kept that guitar in its case at home, it wouldn't have been damaged. We can only hope to learn from his mistakes.

Cheers...................................... wahwah
      Highway Star
      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
      Mistreated
      Cause We Ended As Lovers
      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

I never understood leaving the good guitar home. My Taylor and PRS are all kinds of dinged up but I'll be damned if I'm going to work with inferior equipment when I'm being paid to deliver the goods.

Comment

yes x 100
          Guitars are meant to be heard, not (just) seen.

Comment

I thought that at the JAZZ festival of Montreaux they actually played JAZZ.

My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
              That's disgraceful, he clearly wasn't thinking about resale value when he allowed his guitar to get all scratched up like that. That guitar would be worth nothing by now. And didn't he know that you're not supposed to take your good guitars to gigs? Where there will be other people? If he'd kept that guitar in its case at home, it wouldn't have been damaged. We can only hope to learn from his mistakes.

Hahaha, well maybe he was thinking that would become a super expensive vintage guitar one day. Now seriusly when you are a pro you give 100% of you and that includes taking your best tone whenever you can and we can't forget the fact that we guitars players love our instruments and sadly we always hurt the ones you love .
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Let's not forget that Rory's Strat was stolen in the early days and found laying in a ditch a couple of weeks later. I believe it was that event that caused the pickups to stop working, and he had them rewound by Kent Armstrong. probably because it wa the first Strat in Ireland, the theft made the national news there.

It's also said that Rory had a rare blood type that caused his sweat to viciously attack the guitar's finish. He took the neck off because the sweat was making it unuseable. Years later he put it back on, and it was okay again after being able to dry out for a long period.
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post

Hey mate, you and Crusty sound like you've been drinking from the same glass

Not a bad thing, 56 Strat and 74 Tele..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post

Not a bad thing, 56 Strat and 74 Tele..........................
                    56 Strat ? Rory's was/is a 62 and Geoff's is a 68 i think ?
                    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Those who have seen my Strat (a '68 as Crusty correctly noted) know that I am being totally tongue in cheek about leaving good guitars at home. I was mimicking a certain Les Paul enthusiast forum bro who seems to think that's the way to go. My old Strat goes everywhere with me, and has done for 30 years. The thought of leaving it at home and using something else makes us both sad.

Cheers......................................... wahwah
                      Highway Star
                      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                      Mistreated
                      Cause We Ended As Lovers
                      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Let me put it like this.

I am a bedroom player, I usually play when I'm the only one around and only at home.
                        Recently I finally received a guitar I commissioned Will Stinnett to build me, she was the culmination of approximately 3 year's worth of thinking, testing, trying out stuff and generally dreaming.

It is no overstatement when I say that I LOVE this guitar.

Funny thing though, for only a few months old and for only home use the finish is surprisingly scoffed up.
                        That's because ever since I first got her all my other guitars stay in their cases or the stand.

I take pride in making her more "mine" in this short time period and I expect a heckova more of this in the future. In fact, I'm looking forward to it
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

What was he thinking
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                          X